Product Manager, Platform
About The Role
We are seeking an experienced Product Manager to join our Platform product team as we expand and grow the next phase of our product lines. Platform products underpin and support all of our core Relationship Intelligence product lines including the CRM and Affinity for Salesforce. The team’s mission is to support and scale our provisioning, authentication, security and permissioning capabilities and interfacing with billing. As the product leader of this team, you will solve for two types of customers: the operations and admin persona of our customer base mostly around permissioning, privacy, and authentication, while the second customer is our internal teams for pricing & packaging, provisioning and billing that require standard platform services for use across all products.
As the platform Product Manager, you will lead the product definition, development, and strategy related to our relationship intelligence platform. Our platform capabilities play a pivotal role in ensuring data security, user access control, and regulatory compliance, driving both user satisfaction and business value. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, interface with other product managers, and steer the product's journey from ideation to execution. Your insights will be integral in shaping Affinity's strategic roadmap.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Drive the research, conceptualization, and execution of enhancements and features across the Affinity platform, ensuring effective user experiences aligning with business goals.
- Develop and maintain the platform product roadmap for users and organizations using Affinity.
- Assess the ROI and feasibility of building or buying solutions in line with broader strategic considerations. Champion your positions as a strategic leader.
- Foster a deep understanding of user needs through user research and engagement with sales, marketing, customer success and direct customer interactions.
- Synthesize user feedback into novel product ideas to drive continuous improvement and innovation for permissions, authentication, and security.
- Own documentation that encompasses product strategy, business cases, use cases and technical specifications.
- Conduct in-depth analyses of user requirements and outcome-based metrics to shape and define the platform product roadmap.
- Transform product roadmap into precise requirements for prototyping and development, ensuring alignment with business objectives.
- Lead a collaborative partnership with design and engineering teams to oversee the product backlog and guide the product roadmap.
We’re excited about you because you have:
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At Affinity, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t perfectly align with the qualifications above, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
- 4+ years of hands-on product management experience, preferably within the realm of SaaS (experience in enterprise software is advantageous).
- Experience with platform or back-office environments [provisioning, authentication, security and permissions and interfacing with billing], excelling in working with internal and external stakeholders and owning key components to running a successful business.
- Demonstrated experience in driving cross-functional collaboration with engineering and design teams to deliver tangible business outcomes.
- Exceptional communication skills that facilitate seamless teamwork and alignment on key objectives and outcomes.
- Strong sense of empathy and user-centered thinking, with a deep appreciation for understanding user needs and challenges.
- Proven track record of utilizing design thinking principles and effective prioritization techniques.
- Genuine passion for Affinity's mission and the complex challenges we address in the Permissions and Authorizations domain.
How we work:
Our culture is a key part of how we operate as well as our hiring process:
- We iterate quickly. As such, you must be comfortable embracing ambiguity, be able to cut through it and deliver incremental value to our customers each sprint.
- We are candid, transparent, and speak our minds while simultaneously caring personally with each person we interact with.
- We make data-driven decisions and make the best decision for the moment based on the information available.
Join us in enabling every professional on the planet to succeed by harnessing the power of their relationships.
If you'd like to learn more about our values, click here.
What you'll enjoy at Affinity:
- We live our values as playmakers, obsessed with learning, caring personally about our colleagues and clients, are radically open-minded, and take pride in everything we do.
- We pay your medical, dental, and vision insurance with comprehensive PPO and HMO plans. And provide flexible personal & sick days. We want our team to be happy and healthy :)
- We offer a 401k plan to help you plan for retirement.
- We provide an annual budget for you to spend on education and offer a comprehensive L&D program – after all, one of our core values is that we're #obsessedwithlearning!
- We support our employee's overall health and well-being and reimburse monthly for things such as; transportation, Home Internet, Meals, and Wellness memberships/equipment.
- Virtual team building and socials. Keeping people connected is essential.
Please note that the role compensation details below reflect the base salary only and do not include any variable pay, equity, or benefits. This represents the salary range that Affinity believes, in good faith, at the time of this posting, that it will pay for the posted job.
A reasonable estimate of the current range is $84,200 - $126,400 CAD. Within the range, individual pay is determined by factors such as job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
We have raised over $120M and are backed by some of Silicon Valley’s best firms, with over 2,700 customers worldwide on our platform. We are proud to have a 4.5 Star Glassdoor rating and recently ranked; Inc.’s Best Workplaces of 2022 and Great Places to Work 2022. Passionate about helping dealmakers in the world’s biggest relationship-driven industries to find, manage, and close the most important deals; our Relationship Intelligence platform uses the data exhaust of trillions of interactions between Investment Bankers, Venture Capitalists, Consultants, and other strategic dealmakers with their networks to deliver automated relationship insights that drive over 450,000 deals every month.