Data Engineer II, Infrastructure
At the heart of Affinity, you’ll find a number of foundational infrastructure and operational challenges involved in building, running, and evolving our data-driven, processing-intensive product.
In this role, you'll join our Infrastructure Engineering team, which is responsible for driving performance, scalability, reliability, and developer efficiency at Affinity. Additionally, we deliver vital DevOps and DataOps services to both the Engineering and Analytics organizations.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate cross-functionally with go-to-market, analytics, engineering, and product teams
- Develop and maintain frameworks to support an organization’s analytics data demands
- Build and optimize data pipelines to facilitate the extraction of data from multiple sources and load it into data warehouses
- Build complex ETL/ELT jobs to replicate and transform the data to power Internal Analytics reports and dashboards
- Design, implement, and optimize Data warehouses
- Ensure data security standards are applied across the data pipelines
- Provide various teams with access to structured datasets and analytics they will further analyze and derive insights from
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 3+ years of proven experience as a Data Engineer, DataOps Engineer, or a similar role
- Exceptional SQL skills
- Experience with Relational, Columnar, and NOSQL databases
- Experience with ETL/ELT orchestration tools, such as DBT, Stitch, Fivetran, or Airflow
- Experience creating complex transform jobs to cleanup and aggregate data
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience writing Infrastructure as Code using Terraform, CloudFormation or similar
Nice to have experience:
- Experience working with AWS Cloud
- Experience diagnosing and fixing database performance issues
- Experience with BI tools such as Looker or Amplitude
Our infrastructure resides on AWS. For our primary relational data storage, we utilize PostgreSQL, and for semi-structured data, we leverage S3 buckets. On the analytics front, we use Aptitude to gather product insights, while AWS Redshift caters to our data warehousing requirements. In terms of infrastructure management, we employ Terraform for Infrastructure as Code (IaC). For our ETL/ELT processes, we've integrated DBT and Stitch
How we work:
Our culture is a key part of how we operate as well as our hiring process:
- We iterate quickly. As such, you must be comfortable embracing ambiguity, be able to cut through it, and deliver incremental value to our customers each sprint
- We are candid, transparent, and speak our minds while simultaneously caring personally with each person we interact with
- We make data driven decisions and make the best decision for the moment based on the information available
Join us in enabling every professional on the planet to succeed by harnessing the power of their relationships.
If you’d want to learn more about our values click here.
What you'll enjoy at Affinity:
- We live our values as playmakers, obsessed with learning, care personally about our colleagues and clients, are radically open-minded, and take pride in everything we do.
- Health Care coverage and flexible personal & sick days. We want our team to be happy and healthy :)
- We provide an annual budget for you to spend on education and offer a comprehensive L&D program – after all, one of our core values is that we’re #obsessedwithlearning!
- We support our employee’s overall health and well-being and reimburse monthly for things such as; Transportation, Home Internet, Meals, and Wellness memberships/equipment.
- Virtual team building and socials. Keeping people connected is essential.
Please note that the role compensation details below reflect the base salary only and do not include any variable pay, equity, or benefits. This represents the salary range that Affinity believes, in good faith, at the time of this posting, that it will pay for the posted job.
A reasonable estimate of the current range is $80,000 to $120,000 CAD. Within the range, individual pay is determined by factors such as job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
We have raised over $120M and are backed by some of Silicon Valley’s best firms, with over 2,700 customers worldwide on our platform. We are proud to have a 4.5 Star Glassdoor rating and recently ranked; Inc.’s Best Workplaces of 2022 and Great Places to Work 2022. Passionate about helping dealmakers in the world’s biggest relationship-driven industries to find, manage, and close the most important deals; our Relationship Intelligence platform uses the data exhaust of trillions of interactions between Investment Bankers, Venture Capitalists, Consultants, and other strategic dealmakers with their networks to deliver automated relationship insights that drive over 450,000 deals every month.