Senior Platform Engineer
With our growing customer base and our expansion into new markets and use cases, we have more to build than ever at Affinity as we execute on our vision to put relationship intelligence at every professional's fingertips.
As a Senior Platform Engineer, you'll have the opportunity to help build the systems that allow our teams to move faster and focus on building features our customers love. You'll define the future of core pieces of our entire stack across areas like library design, authentication, observability, standards and tooling. From making front end iteration faster to building services and tools to make developing APIs easier and more reliable to making self-service infrastructure available to teams, you'll hone your skills across multiple domains while helping to drive forward the Affinity product and vision.
In this role, you will:
- Own the development experience and productivity of our engineering team
- Collaborate with world-class engineering, product, and design teams--you'll have the opportunity to learn from a wide variety of experiences and, of course, to share your own
- Grow your expertise and fluency with core pieces of technology across the full application stack
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At Affinity, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t perfectly align with the qualifications above, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
- You take pride in delivering high-quality and powerful products to customers while also championing technical excellence
- You have 5+ years of experience as a software engineer, including familiarity with the different pieces of technology involved in building modern web applications
- You have experience building APIs that are easy to use, intuitive, self documenting and easy to maintain
- You have experience building tools to improve developer productivity at all parts of the stack. You understand ways to make development experience better and application maintenance easier, and excel in working closely with key product and delivery stakeholders to design solutions or migrate to new standards
- You have experience with modern front-end build systems like webpack, as well as experience with modern OOP practices commonly employed in languages like TypeScript, Ruby, and .Net.
- You understand the testing pyramid and have extensive experience writing functional, unit, integration and infrastructure tests, utilizing and promoting industry best practices for testing.
- You have a strong understanding of distributed systems and infrastructure and how modern applications are deployed to cloud providers using technologies like Terraform, Docker, Kustomize and helm
- You've helped your teams to solve high-scale challenges, to integrate systems, or to harden your product’s security posture
- You're excited to work collaboratively within engineering and as part of a cross functional team
Tech stack: Our platform is built with React and TypeScript on the front end, and with Ruby and PostgreSQL on the back end. Our data platform utilizes Databricks, Spark, and AWS technologies such as SageMaker. Our infrastructure is deployed using Terraform and Python for serverless and is hosted on AWS and runs on Kubernetes.
What you'll enjoy at Affinity
- We live our values as playmakers who are obsessed with learning, care personally about our colleagues and clients, are radically open-minded, and take pride in everything we do.
- We pay your medical, dental, and vision insurance with comprehensive PPO and HMO plans. And provide flexible personal & sick days. We want our team to be happy and healthy :)
- We offer a 401k plan to help you plan for retirement.
- We provide an annual budget for you to spend on education and offer a comprehensive L&D program – after all, one of our core values is that we’re #obsessedwithlearning!
- We support our employee’s overall health and well-being and reimburse monthly for things such as; Transportation, Home Internet, Meals, and Wellness memberships/equipment.
- Virtual team building and socials. Keeping people connected is essential.
Please note that the role compensation details below reflect the base salary only and do not include any variable pay, equity, or benefits. This represents the salary range that Affinity believes, in good faith, at the time of this posting, that it will pay for the posted job.
A reasonable estimate of the current range is $105,000 - $178,000 USD. Within the range, individual pay is determined by factors such as job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
We have raised over $120M and are backed by some of Silicon Valley’s best firms, with over 2,700 customers worldwide on our platform. We are proud to have a 4.0 Star Glassdoor rating and recently ranked; Inc.’s Best Workplaces of 2022 and Great Places to Work 2022. Passionate about helping dealmakers in the world’s biggest relationship-driven industries to find, manage, and close the most important deals; our Relationship Intelligence platform uses the data exhaust of trillions of interactions between Investment Bankers, Venture Capitalists, Consultants, and other strategic dealmakers with their networks to deliver automated relationship insights that drive over 450,000 deals every month.
We use E-Verify
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.