Senior Product Designer
Be a Part of Something Big
At Alto, we're changing the way people invest for the future.
For too long, only the ultra-wealthy could afford to benefit from alternative investments, and that meant a lot of missed opportunities for everyday investors. Alto was founded on the belief that a diversified portfolio is essential to investing for the future, and that's only possible if everyone can invest in the assets they're truly interested in.
So we created a solution that allows ordinary people to invest their tax-advantaged retirement funds into non-traditional assets, like real estate, startups, securitized artworks, cryptocurrency, and more.
By joining Alto's growing team, you'll be helping to make our mission a reality. And you'll work with some truly unique people who are passionate about what they do. We're also pretty big on celebrating individuality—after all, one of our core values is "you do you." And we actually live it. Really.
To learn more about our team and working with us, please visit our Before You Apply page, which features videos of our CEO and other team members answering questions about working at Alto.
Alto was founded on the belief that a diversified portfolio is essential to investing for the future, and that's only possible if everyone can invest in the assets they're truly interested in. By joining Alto’s growing team, you’ll be working to make our vision a reality. That means helping our existing and prospective investors gain access to these previously unavailable opportunities and providing the education to promote sound investment decisions and diversification.
As a Senior Product Designer at Alto, you will own how customers navigate our product suite, discover new and high-quality alternative investing opportunities, and structure a best-in-class investment experience. This is an exciting opportunity for a hands-on, end-to-end product designer with a passion for fintech and democratization to leverage a deep understanding of customers and internal stakeholders, cross-functional collaboration, and systems thinking to deliver products that investors will love and level the economic playing field.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Own: lead the end-to-end design process for our core investor experiences, from identifying customer needs, to crafting design solutions, to developing high-fidelity wireframes and prototypes, to user testing and release.
- Design: create innovative user interfaces and experiences that drive key customer and business outcomes.Iterate: deliver and refine multiple variations of new and existing features based on customer and internal stakeholder feedback.
- Collaborate: partner closely with product management, engineering, and other cross-functional stakeholders to form products and experiences that delight users.
- Communicate: convey design ideas, trade-offs, and solutions through visual, verbal, and written means to ensure alignment internally and with customer expectations.
- Empathize: develop a deep understanding of customer needs, desires, and problems through human-centered research to inform design decisions.Evolve: leverage and enhance Alto’s design system.
- 5+ years of web-based product design experience shipping products that deliver customer value.
- Fluency in Figma and other design tools (e.g. Sketch).
- Proven capability to deliver web and/or mobile consumer-facing experiences from idea to execution.
- Customer-centric mindset with deep empathy for user needs and desires.
- Passion for translating complex user problems and desires into powerful, intuitive, and simple outcomes.
- Strong knowledge of design principles and methods reflected in UI / UX thinking and visual designs.
- Can leverage, contribute to, and maintain design systems.
- Ability to communicate ideas and concepts clearly through storyboarding, wireframing, prototyping, and other visual, verbal, and written means.
- Excel in a collaborative and iterative environment working with product, engineering, and other stakeholders.
- Proactive, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude with the ability to champion new ideas.
- Scrappy and adaptable with comfortability handling changes and prioritizing effectively.
- Prior Fintech and / or startup experience.
- An interest in alternative assets and financial inclusion.
- Use of Alto products (nice to have)
We answered your most pressing questions before you apply here. We are a dynamic and collaborative team, all working towards a common goal. With every interaction, you feel our culture throughout our company. We care about diversity, inclusion, and belonging, and every voice is heard. We also care most about our people. We show it through our actions, and we offer a lot of really great benefits, including:
- A generous open PTO policy
- Comprehensive health insurance options for employees
- 401(k) with company match up to 3% yearly
- Equity as a part of your compensation
- A competitive compensation and benefits package
- 12 paid holidays
- Discounted and/or free Alto investor accounts
- Four to 12 weeks paid parental leave
- A remote-first culture - work from home or our Nashville office
- Flexibility to work from anywhere in the US
- An emphasis on work-life balance
- No-meeting Fridays
Well, what are you waiting for? Apply already! :)