Be a Part of Something Big
At Alto, we're changing the way people invest for the future.
For too long, only the ultra-wealthy could afford to benefit from alternative investments, and that meant a lot of missed opportunities for everyday investors. Alto was founded on the belief that a diversified portfolio is essential to investing for the future, and that's only possible if everyone can invest in the assets they're truly interested in.
So we created a solution that allows ordinary people to invest their tax-advantaged retirement funds into non-traditional assets, like real estate, startups, securitized artworks, cryptocurrency, and more.
By joining Alto's growing team, you'll be helping to make our mission a reality. And you'll work with some truly unique people who are passionate about what they do. We're also pretty big on celebrating individuality—after all, one of our core values is "you do you." And we actually live it. Really.
To learn more about our team and working with us, please visit our Before You Apply page, which features videos of our CEO and other team members answering questions about working at Alto.
Senior Accountant - Join Our Team!
Embark on a fulfilling journey as our experienced Senior Accountant, where your profound expertise in accounting principles will directly influence our financial strategy and operational integrity. With at least two solid years in a senior accounting role, this position is designed for someone ready to make a significant impact. Your responsibilities will extend beyond driving financial accuracy and insights; you'll also mentor an up-and-coming staff accountant, sharing your knowledge and guiding them towards professional excellence. This role is ideal for a meticulous individual who values precision and seeks to contribute meaningfully through both technical expertise and mentorship.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Precision in Accounting: Vigilantly maintain our accounting records, ensuring unmatched financial integrity.
- Strategic Financial Management: Transform financial transactions into strategic insights, propelling our company forward.
- Narrative through Numbers: Utilize journal entries and reconciliations to craft stories that reveal financial trends and insights.
- Analytical Collaboration: Engage with internal and external stakeholders to deepen financial understanding and foster collaboration.
- Month-End Mastery: Accurately lead our month-end close process, ensuring compliance and delivering insightful financial reporting.
- Process Innovation: Innovate and refine accounting practices, strengthening our internal controls and operational efficiency.
- Leadership & Mentorship: Mentor our staff accountant, embodying leadership through training, guidance, and support, particularly during peak financial periods.
- Commitment to Excellence: Demonstrate unwavering dedication during critical financial periods, ready to work overtime to meet deadlines and ensure seamless operations.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- A minimum of 3 years in accounting, with at least 2 years in a senior accountant role, demonstrating leadership and mentoring capabilities.
- Experience in managing and developing junior staff accountants, particularly in a professional setting.
- Background in fintech, securities, regulated industries, or startup environments highly regarded.
- CPA designation is a strong advantage.
Skills & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of accounting procedures and a thorough understanding of GAAP.
- Exceptionally organized, independent, capable of leading projects, and initiating process improvements with minimal supervision.
- Outstanding attention to detail and advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint), G-Suite, and ERP systems.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex financial information in a clear and understandable manner.
- This is a remote-based role, however, candidates must reside in the Nashville, TN area.
We answered your most pressing questions before you apply here. We are a dynamic and collaborative team, all working towards a common goal. With every interaction, you feel our culture throughout our company. We care about diversity, inclusion, and belonging, and every voice is heard. We also care most about our people. We show it through our actions, and we offer a lot of really great benefits, including:
- A generous open PTO policy
- Comprehensive health insurance options for employees
- 401(k) with company match up to 3% yearly
- Equity as a part of your compensation
- A competitive compensation and benefits package
- 12 paid holidays
- Discounted and/or free Alto investor accounts
- Four to 12 weeks paid parental leave
- A remote-first culture - work from home or our Nashville office
- Flexibility to work from anywhere in the US
- An emphasis on work-life balance
- No-meeting Fridays
Well, what are you waiting for? Apply already! :)