Director of Business Development
Sales & Business Development
United States · Remote
Posted on Saturday, August 5, 2023
Bellhop is one of the fastest growing companies in the $30B moving and home services market and is on a crusade to transform the industry into a space that's more trustworthy, reliable, and fun. We do this by combining our tech-enabled logistics management platform with an outstanding crew of movers and drivers to deliver a more enjoyable experience. You will collaborate with a top-notch team of engineers, product managers, operations strategists, and sales agents, allowing you to contribute significantly to our growth trajectory. We have a heart for delivering outstanding customer service in a space that's known for letting you down - and we do that one high five move at a time.
This is where you come in . . .
Reporting to our Chief Growth Officer, the Director of Business Development will be responsible for bringing new B2B and B2C partnerships to the Bellhop platform. The Director of Business Development will strategically build a pipeline of potential partners, utilize current contacts in the industry, negotiate/close new business agreements, and nurture new partners through the onboarding process ultimately driving profitable growth for the company.
- Rapidly create and maintain sales pipeline of new partner targets.
- Build monthly forecasts for new business revenue.
- Develop program solutions to fit the needs of Bellhop and potential partner’s customer base.
- Identify and close new partnership opportunities within existing categories, as well as build new categories to pursue.
- Maintain CRM database of leads & recent activity.
- Provide demos of the Bellhop platform and product solutions to potential partners.
- Negotiate and get partnerships into pilot phase quickly to determine long term business impact.
- Consistently hit sales quota.
- Work with Account Management team to nurture new partnerships through onboarding phase and into full launch to ensure that value continues to be generated over time.
What kind of person are we looking for?
- Servant Leadership - You are an excellent listener and collaborator. You can understand all the needs of multiple teams and adjust sales/partnerships accordingly.
- Data informed - You love data and have the ability to structure it in a way that leads to business decisions. You love digging into data to build an actionable forecast.
- Raise the Bar - You are always looking for ways to go above and beyond for Bellhop customers and teammates. You are consistently looking for new ways to ensure that Bellhop is the top destination for those who need a moving service.
- Produce - You see something that needs to be completed, and you do it. You set clear goals and do everything in your power to achieve those goals. You have the ability to identify and obtain the information you need on your own while establishing trust in relationships through keeping commitments and applying outstanding judgement.
- Keep it Real Communication - You say what needs to be said in order to achieve success for the company & its employees. You are comfortable and have experience working with senior leadership. This includes presenting information and contra-opinions to executives. You also enjoy being a good sounding board for others in the company — provide open, honest feedback.
- “We Got You” attitude - You embody the Bellhop Values - you always try to innovate to solve problems; you own your work and drive for exceptional results; you have a desire to serve others; you don’t take yourself too seriously and have a playful spirit.
- 7+ years experience in sales, pipeline management, forecast ownership.
- Have sold into the moving, corporate relocation, real estate, property management and/or home services industries and can leverage existing relationships.
- Proven track record of exceeding sales objectives.
- Hands on operating style.
- Excellent spoken, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong time management and organization skills.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree.
While each member of our team has a specific, clearly defined role, we’re all connected by a strong set of values that’s been developed to build long-term relationships, foster advancement, and guide the decisions we make. We want each individual at our company to grow as we grow. And so we invest in their professional development and support them as they learn new skills and take on bigger challenges.
To bring out the best in our people, each day we encourage and celebrate:
Innovator’s Mind. We're driven to identify opportunities and create solutions to better serve our customers. We learn from mistakes quickly.
Servant’s Heart. We're devoted to caring for others by putting them first and treating them as we'd like to be treated. We approach life with optimism, energy, and lightheartedness. We always give more than we take.
Winning Drive. We're committed to getting things done the right way even if it's the hard way. We relentlessly raise the bar in our efforts.
WHY WORK AT BELLHOP?
Because every day you will be able to see the positive impact you have on people’s lives. Moving is considered one of the most stressful experiences people go through, and we have found a way to make it easier and more comfortable.
Because you will collaborate with exceptionally talented people. Our tech-enabled approach means you will work with teams of top-shelf engineers, product managers, operations strategists, customer-care specialists, and growth experts. You will also be joining us at a time when you’ll have a huge opportunity to chart the course for our continued growth.
Because our culture sets us apart. We have ambitious goals and make sure everyone feels encouraged to own their portion of the business, experiment with new ideas, and take the proper actions to achieve success.
Because we take good care of each other. We provide competitive compensation packages that include a significant equity incentive as well as health coverage and accommodations to achieve a sustainable work-life balance.
Benefits to Enjoy Include:
Dental, Medical, & Vision insurance
Employee assistance program
Flexible spending account
Health savings account
Unlimited Paid time off
Professional development assistance
Bellhop believes if we want to build a company that works for everyone—we must include everyone, which is why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer that complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Bellhop strictly prohibits and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, sexual orientation, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.