Senior Demand Planner
United States · Remote
Posted on Friday, May 5, 2023
Curology is creating the next generation of skincare through customized treatment plans and formulas with powerful prescription ingredients for acne and anti-aging. We believe great skin shouldn’t be a luxury, but a fact of life.
Curology is seeking a highly experienced and results-driven Demand Planner to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in e-commerce and retail demand planning and will have successfully implemented Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) processes in previous companies. This role will require exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills to ensure that our inventory levels are optimized while meeting customer/patient demand.
This motivated individual will demonstrate command of demand forecasting, product management skills, strong cross-functional leadership skills, exceptional analytical skills, and a track record of success in driving positive and continuous improvement within the organization. The demand planner plays a critical part in recognizing demand signals such as market and historical trends, point of sale data, seasonality, promotions, door expansions, to drive the supply and inventory needs to meet demand.
In this role, you will:
- Develop SKU level forecasts on a weekly and monthly basis to align with channel-specific needs on a 12 to 24-month view
- Post-analysis on monthly, quarterly, YOY, YTD basis, use findings to make forecasting decisions, measure forecast accuracy to initial targets
- Create forecasting models that can support the needs for Omni-Channels: Retail, DTC (Rx Subscription), and Ecommerce.
- Analyze and review retail POS, shipment history and inventory trends to proactively identify issues and introduce forecast changes to improve accuracy and contribute to fill rate success.
- Play a key role in monthly S&OP development and work closely with the Sales and Finance teams in the development of a collaborative forecast.
- Lead the S&OP process to ensure that demand forecasts are aligned with business objectives and that cross-functional teams are working collaboratively to optimize inventory levels
- Continuously review and improve our demand planning processes to ensure that we are utilizing the most accurate and efficient methods
- Provide regular reporting and insights to senior management to inform strategic decision-making
- Plan bottom-up and top-down roll up for assortment, review and analyze SKU productivity/rationalization and make recommendations based upon findings
- Collaborate with the Inventory Planning team to create a comprehensive supply plan that drives accurate ordering and in-stock position.
- Maintain data relative to demand forecasting including hierarchy, historical data cleansing, demand sensing data and forecast model parameters.
You will be successful if you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, or a related field
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in demand planning within an e-commerce and/or retail environment
- Proven experience in successfully implementing S&OP processes in previous companies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to translate data into actionable insights
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams (Finance, Product Development, Labs, Sales & Medical)
- Advanced proficiency in demand planning software and Excel
- Strong business acumen with a results-driven mindset
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues.
- Virtual work environment
- Typing and computer usage throughout the day
- Travel less 10%
Physical Characteristics of Work Environment:
You will love working at Curology because:
- Competitive salary and equity packages
- Comprehensive benefits: medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees; flexible spending account; 401k; mental health & wellness programs
- $75 WFH stipend (remote employees)
- Home office setup stipend (remote employees)
- Minimum Time Off policy (unlimited PTO, with at least 3 weeks off) for exempt employees
- 11 company observed holidays
- Additional holidays: Curology days off (1 per quarter), 1 annual floating holiday (employee’s choice), and Gratitude Week (employees take the full week of Thanksgiving off; business critical teams observe different days)
- Paid parental leave
- pre-tax commuter benefits
- Employee donation matching program
- Company-sponsored events
- Free subscription to Curology or Agency (for you and another VIP of your choice!)
The base salary for this position will be between $120,000 to $150,000 depending on your experience, skillset, and geographic location.
Our mission is simple: to make personalized skincare accessible and convenient for all. Awarded #3 for 2021 Best Workplaces in the Bay Area and 2021 Forbes #4 Best Startup Employers, Curology is a leader in direct-to-consumer eCommerce and has been featured in Vogue, Allure, Harper’s Bazaar, and Business Insider. Our core values are: Accountability, Team First, and Inclusivity.
Curology encourages applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records Notice to Applicants under the CCPA.
See more open positions at Curology
Something looks off?