Director, HR Business Partnership, Operations
People & HR, Sales & Business Development, Operations
St. Louis, MO, USA
Posted on Saturday, May 6, 2023
Curology is creating the next generation of skincare through customized treatment plans and formulas with powerful prescription ingredients for acne and anti-aging. We believe great skin shouldn’t be a luxury, but a fact of life.
The mission for the Director, Business Partnership, Operations is to ensure business partnership efforts, talent management, and organization development strategies are well aligned with the needs of our varied and growing business functions. This role will report to the President & COO.
You will be a strategic thinker who also possesses operational rigor and detail orientation; you will collaborate effectively with a broad range of peers and senior stakeholders and be able to lead through influence. You are deeply passionate about our mission and values. You are a builder and love working in an environment where the foundation has not yet been built out.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across all of our entities, create and implement scalable talent management practices, including sustainable talent assessment, performance management, and succession management, to ensure the right people are in the right roles at the right time.
- Creating and aligning on a people development philosophy and framework for the company that fits our values, guiding beliefs, current state of talent, and growth strategy.
- Influence learning & development solutions to address the company’s most critical needs, equip Curology to perform, innovate, and grow while driving employee engagement.
- Coach and support business stakeholders in solving for both short- and long-term people-related issues, including organizational design and change management.
- Interact with employees at all levels and contribute to further developing Curology’s supportive and team-first culture.
- Coach and counsel employees on a wide range of HR related business topics including compensation, performance management, policy-related issues, and talent development.
- Maintain clear and effective communication in partnership with internal P&C function to ensure deliverables and key initiatives across internal stakeholders are aligned to business needs
- Drive alignment with organizational stakeholders on people and culture related issues, approaches and initiatives, acting as a true thought partner to the COO and Operations leaders
- Lead design and execution of data-driven approaches to talent and performance management, tailored to the needs of our varied departments / entities.
- Ensure that the organization evolves to best support our strategic goals.
- Drive talent strategies that engage and develop our best leaders and team members as we continue to grow.
- Build trust across all levels of the organization internally and externally to P&C function. Driving value and broad scale initiatives with the right level of buy-in and resourcing.
You will be successful if you have:
- 10+ years of experience leading HRBP teams in a high growth environment, with a focus on operations.
- Demonstrated ability to support all aspects of HR from hiring and benefits to compliance and employee relations. Depth of experience in supporting frontline, onsite teams is a must.
- Exceptional track record of leading and mentoring a high performing team.
- Ability to scale with both strategic and hands on aptitude, with deep experience scaling organizations.
- Data-driven decision maker and pragmatic problem solver who can find root causes of issues and gain leadership support to address them.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree (or relevant experience)
- This is a hybrid role overseeing our facilities in St. Louis and Pittsburgh. Ideally, you're someone who enjoys collaborating onsite and in-person. Must be willing to be onsite 4 days a week and travel to secondary location once a month.
You will love working at Curology because:
- Competitive salary and equity packages
- Comprehensive benefits: medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees; flexible spending account; 401k; mental health & wellness programs
- $75 WFH stipend (remote employees)
- Home office setup stipend (remote employees)
- Minimum Time Off policy (unlimited PTO, with at least 3 weeks off) for exempt employees
- 11 company observed holidays
- Additional holidays: Curology days off (1 per quarter), 1 annual floating holiday (employee’s choice), and Gratitude Week (employees take the full week of Thanksgiving off; business critical teams observe different days)
- Paid parental leave
- pre-tax commuter benefits
- Employee donation matching program
- Company-sponsored events
- Free subscription to Curology or Agency (for you and another VIP of your choice!)
Our mission is simple: to make personalized skincare accessible and convenient for all. Awarded #3 for 2021 Best Workplaces in the Bay Area and 2021 Forbes #4 Best Startup Employers, Curology is a leader in direct-to-consumer eCommerce and has been featured in Vogue, Allure, Harper’s Bazaar, and Business Insider. Our core values are: Accountability, Team First, and Inclusivity.
Curology encourages applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records Notice to Applicants under the CCPA.
See more open positions at Curology
Something looks off?