Digital Product Manager Lead - Agency (sister brand to Curology)
United States · Remote
Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2023
Curology is creating the next generation of skincare through customized treatment plans and formulas with powerful prescription ingredients for acne and anti-aging. We believe great skin shouldn’t be a luxury, but a fact of life.
Since its founding in 2014, Curology has grown to be the market leader in acne treatment. In 2021, the company entered the anti-aging market with the launch of a new sister brand, Agency. In the exploration process, we discovered that the anti-aging customer is materially different from the acne customer in their behaviors and motivations. Given these differences, we determined that our anti-aging business would be best as its own brand outside of Curology, giving the business more runway & relevance. This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-moving, growing brand within the proven, foundational Curology Inc. ecosystem.
About The Role:
We are looking for a Product Manager to own the customer experience for the Agency DTC ecosystem. Reporting to the VP/GM of Agency, this person will work highly cross-functionally not only with close counterparts within Content/Design, User Experience Research, Analytics, Lifecycle, and Engineering, but also influencing and working with the Brand, Acquisition, and R&D (Physical Product Development) teams to maximize the customer experience and drive the business forward. This person is responsible for all touchpoints in the customer journey from our customers’ first experience on withagency.com, the marketing materials delivered in their first box, to all email, SMS, or other engagement levers to build a deep and lasting relationship with the brand – in order to fuel both revenue and profit via new user growth and lifetime value.
You are an experienced Product Manager driving key long-term strategies for the overall DTC (Direct to Consumer) business. You will be responsible for proposing, leading, and driving innovations that help move the flywheel for the overall Agency business. Not only will you be responsible for driving users to our website and maximizing their experience through a customer-centric lens, but you’ll chase down opportunities to improve the customer experience with stakeholders, and therefore the business in or outside of tech, marketing, and supply chain. This broad remit will give you the scope and ability to be deliberate on how you want to drive your career in a variety of different paths.
What You'll Do:
- Propose and establish innovative ideas and strategies to elevate the customer experience and impact the overall Agency business - including both revenue and profit, via improvements to Conversion Rate (CVR) and Lifetime Value (LTV)
- Define, manage, and evangelize a cohesive roadmap with input from key partners. Influence other partner teams to prioritize key initiatives on your roadmap by establishing shared goals.
- Identify and quantify the value of potential opportunities, thinking enterprise-wise and customer-first, prioritizing these opportunities against the roadmap and re-shaping accordingly.
- Bring new ways of thinking about our metrics and data to push through analytical rigor to push our understanding of our customers and business forward. Employ a variety of validation methods both quantitative (A/B testing, surveys, cohort testing) and qualitative (focus groups, 1:1 interviews, Customer Success feedback) in your process, knowing that data is a powerful tool but not the answer.
- Provide key input to broader technical strategy to better scale our design and technology systems
- Support the business P&L by engaging in forecasting and opportunity sizing exercises and keeping an eye towards your cost base.
- Engage with industry trends, events, announcements, and emerging technologies to constantly improve the DTC business.
This May Describe You:
- 7+ years of past professional experience. Past Consulting/Strategy experience is a plus.
- 5+ years of consumer-facing Product Management experience launching and growing products
- Experience working with design and engineering teams, and working through customer, business, and technical tradeoffs
- Customer-centric. You’re incessantly focused on finding ways to make the customer experience better at any point in the journey regardless of surface area.
- Analytical. You can quickly get a deep understanding of how our business works from the big picture down to the granular, making smart recommendations along the way. You’re very comfortable answering questions with a blend of data and intuition.
- Strong opinions loosely held. You generate a justified point of view and advocate for your user by engaging in lively debates, but commit to the decision made with equal fervor whether it’s the same or different from your original POV.
- Growth mindset. You’re a lifelong learner with a hunger for knowledge. You know when you don’t know the answer, but won’t stop until you find it.
- Leader and Executer. You demonstrate the ability to jump between strategy and hands-on execution seamlessly.
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation communication skills
What You'll Love About Working Here:
- Awarded Great Place To Work & Inc.’s Best Workplace
- Competitive salary and equity options
- Minimum Time Off policy (unlimited PTO w/ >3 weeks off) for exempt employees
- Comprehensive benefits: Medical, dental and vision insurance are covered 90%+ for employees; flexible spending account; 401k
- Work from home / home office set-up stipend (remote employees)
- Pre-tax commuter benefitsPaid maternity and paternity leave
- Company sponsored happy hours and outings
- Employee donation matching program
- Free subscription to Curology or Agency
Physical characteristics of work environment:
- Office-based work environment, remotely
- Typing and computer usage throughout the day
- 9-5 business hours M-F
- Must lift and carry a minimum of 15 lbs
- No travel requirements
Our mission is simple: to make personalized skincare accessible and convenient for all. Awarded #3 for 2021 Best Workplaces in the Bay Area and 2021 Forbes #4 Best Startup Employers, Curology is a leader in direct-to-consumer eCommerce and has been featured in Vogue, Allure, Harper’s Bazaar, and Business Insider. We collaborate to achieve our goals and strive to embody our core values: Accountability, Team First & Inclusivity.
Curology encourages applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities for employment. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records Notice to Applicants under the CCPA.