Director of Product Development
Remote · San Francisco, CA, USA · Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Posted on Saturday, October 7, 2023
Curology is creating the next generation of skincare through customized treatment plans and formulas with powerful prescription ingredients for acne and anti-aging. We believe great skin shouldn’t be a luxury, but a fact of life.
This role will own end-to-end Curology and Agency product development, including both Rx and Non-Rx products across multiple categories. The Director of PD will work with internal and external partners to identify new product concepts, develop formulations, manage timelines, and ensure product launches are on time, on budget, and, most importantly, effective for customers. The ideal candidate has a skincare PD background with the strong ability to collaborate cross-functionally and lead tactical execution.
This role will report to our VP of Product Marketing & Development.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with our Medical, Consumer Insights, and Product Marketing teams to identify and develop products that address consumer pain points and serve their evolving needs
- Stay current on the latest scientific research and industry trends to bring forward innovative ingredient and formulation ideasWork with our Lab teams in St. Louis and Pittsburgh to:
- Assess new Rx formulation feasibility, including ingredient compatibility, stability, pH, shelf-life, and storage
- Establish production and quality control methods for new formulations and products
- Conduct necessary testing to ensure safety, efficacy, and compliance of all products
- Partner with our Packaging team to ensure product packaging is optimized for compatibility, efficacy, consumer experience, and cost
- Work with our Supply Chain team to manage Contract Manufacturer relationships, ensure COGS and margin targets are being met, and deliver projects on-time
- Offer ideas for continuous improvement of our new product development process
- Manage and mentor a growing 2-person Product Development team
What We're Looking For:
- 7+ years of experience in Beauty product development (skincare is preferred), with management experience
- Experience with prescription or pharmaceutical product development is preferred, including familiarity with Rx, OTC, and/or cosmetic regulations
- Understanding and application of technical principles, concepts, industry practices, and standards
- Passionate about innovation that addresses consumer pain points
- Clear strategic thinker with the ability to determine the critical requirements that will ensure product success
- Extremely collaborative with the ability to effectively communicate cross-functionally with both technical and non-technical partners
- Willingness to do the work as well as ability to effectively lead and delegate with both internal and external partners
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once with exceptional attention to detail
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to work and get stuff done in a fast-paced and unstructured environment
- Humility, team-first attitude
Our mission is simple: to make personalized skincare accessible and convenient for all. Awarded #3 for 2021 Best Workplaces in the Bay Area and 2021 Forbes #4 Best Startup Employers, Curology is a leader in direct-to-consumer eCommerce and has been featured in Vogue, Allure, Harper’s Bazaar, and Business Insider. We collaborate to achieve our goals and strive to embody our core values: Accountability, Team First & Inclusivity.
Curology encourages applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities for employment. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records Notice to Applicants under the CCPA.
Curology participates in E-Verify.