United States · Remote
Posted on Friday, November 3, 2023
Curology is creating the next generation of skincare through customized treatment plans and formulas with powerful prescription ingredients for acne and anti-aging. We believe great skin shouldn’t be a luxury, but a fact of life.
As a Transportation Analyst, you will be responsible for delivering a best-in-class customer experience for our customers to receive their packages at the lowest possible cost, across Parcel and LTL. You will be reviewing our data closely and building strategies to optimize and reduce our shipping costs within our 2-3 node network. Your work will directly impact the business via our internal product strategy as well as external negotiations. Given the high expense on the P&L and volume of data for the company, you will be someone who is comfortable working in large datasets and drawing insights from them. You will also work with technical and fulfillment partners to optimize our shipping costs and processes.
This position reports to our Senior Director, Supply Chain and Business Systems and will be important in scaling our company’s operation.
In this role, you will:
- Manage small Parcel budget, billing and contract structure focusing on expense reduction and service level improvements for customers
- Serve as the point of contact for interactions with the Carrier Account Managers for service related issues and solve day-to-day problems alongside the Fulfillment teams
- Perform analysis of the Parcel carrier billing and accessorial charges to prioritize opportunities to reduce expense along with ensuring contractual claims for service failures, damage, etc. are paid
- Provide recommendations for process changes at the DC’s to reduce freight expense
- Drive the effort with the DC’s to communicate and implement the required changes
- Provide analysis by working with internal customers and parcel carriers to support recommendations for the Supply Chain Business Strategy key initiative for network modeling
- Ensure daily carrier performance execution and all requirements are met for outbound shipping (SLAs, shipping supplies and systems); raise issues (e.g. contractual and SLA’s compliance issues)
- Conduct weekly carrier OPS and planning meetings with cross functional partners and supervise issues and resolution.
- Implement process improvements by using performance metrics for small parcel providers
- Work with Finance to forecast shipping costs for the company
- Support Fulfillment Teams regarding pick-ups, supplies, and manifests
- Support the Supply Chain team in inventory flowing between locations as needed
- Partner with Technology and Product teams on integration of new carriers and service levels
- Support Customer Success team as carrier performance issues occur
- Broaden our carrier network and service levels offered to create flexibility within the network
- Work collaboratively and foster strong work relationships within the organization including Marketing, Customer Experience, Warehousing & Inventory, Sourcing, and Planning. Assist other departments with coordination of shipments.
- Develop and review performance through the use of key performance indicators including customer-specific scorecards and carrier-specific scorecards.
- Approve DHL Invoices
- Track invoicing data
- Track metrics on performance, shipments, etc
- Service Delays
- Zone Distribution
- Avg Day of Delivery
- Hold regular meetings with DHL to discuss the account
- Hold regular meetings with internal Customer Success team to discuss status
- Hold QBRs
- Serve as POC and coordinate rate increase discussions, CSA discussions, rate negotiations
- Communicate DHL closures
- Ad-hoc analysis
You will be successful if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business, Economics or equivalent combination of education and training including at least 4 years of preferred qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in direct support of transportation/Transportation operations in a Retail/E-Commerce supply chain environment
- 2+ year of experience in parcel logistics transportation at an e-commerce company
- Project management, organizational and analytical skills with proven ability to draw strategic decisions from data and systems
- Great people skills with an ability to work well with internal and external partners
- Working knowledge of ERP/MRP/TMS systems. TMS implementation experience, a plus.
- Experience with data blending tools such as Alteryx
- Experience in using VBA, SQL, Tableau in a business environment
- Experience with EDI Integration with carriers
- Proficient in MS Office and complex tables and V look-ups
- Advanced use of Excel creating templates and dashboards
- Comfortable in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
Why you'll love working at Curology:
- Competitive salary and equity packages
- Comprehensive benefits: medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees; flexible spending account; 401k; mental health & wellness programs
- $75 WFH stipend (remote employees)
- Home office setup stipend (remote employees)
- Minimum Time Off policy (unlimited PTO, with at least 3 weeks off) for exempt employees
- 11 company observed holidays
- Additional holidays: Curology days off (1 per quarter), 1 annual floating holiday (employee’s choice), and Gratitude Week (employees take the full week of Thanksgiving off; business critical teams observe different days)
- Paid parental leave
- Employee donation matching program
- Company-sponsored events
- Free subscription to Curology or Agency
The base salary for this position will be between $81,000 to $120,000 depending on your experience, skillset, and geographic location.
Curology Participates in E-verify. For more information click here.
Our mission is simple: to make personalized skincare accessible and convenient for all. Awarded #3 for 2021 Best Workplaces in the Bay Area and 2021 Forbes #4 Best Startup Employers, Curology is a leader in direct-to-consumer eCommerce and has been featured in Vogue, Allure, Harper’s Bazaar, and Business Insider. We collaborate to achieve our goals and strive to embody our core values: Accountability, Team First & Inclusivity.
Curology encourages applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities for employment. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records Notice to Applicants under the CCPA.
Curology participates in E-Verify.