About the Creative Director at Headspace:
This creative leader will collaborate with cross-functional departments to bring to life the Headspace Brand Marketing across all touchpoints—from consumer, to b2b, product marketing, on-platform and off-platform content marketing. You will report directly to our Senior Creative Director and will be supported by members of the Brand/Creative team including ACDs, copywriters, designers, illustrators, and animators while working closely with our cross functional partners, including Product (Content Delivered Care), Marketing, Studios and Partnerships teams.
This creative leader needs to excel in a combination of immense brand marketing expertise, uncompromising creative taste, speed and execution, and stellar people leadership.
What you will do:
- Work with cross-functional partners, to concept and plan the execution of integrated campaigns and programs across a wide range of media and platforms: digital, print, video, social and content .
- Work collaboratively across all parts of the business (Marketing, Product, Social), alongside key stakeholders to ensure the Headspace brand thrives.
- Lead and manage a team of designers to bring to life the best expression of the brand across our enterprise businesses.
- Understand the strategic angle — the “why” not just the “what.” Interpret the business goals and data into creative positionings that the team can leap from.
- Lead ideation, brainstorming, and development of creative deliverables alongside other creatives.
- Develop tactics that bring creative concepts to life and achieve program objectives.
- Craft concepts and execution across all mediums and audiences including our websites, app, emails, ad campaigns, promotional collateral, and much more.
- Represent and present your work to cross-company stakeholders, putting forward the requested solution while consistently seeking new and innovative executions.
What you will bring:
- Immense Brand Marketing Expertise Evidence of a stellar career in concepting, developing and delivering impactful campaigns to support advertising, brand growth, and awareness across all media channels. The ideal candidate will have an outstanding creative direction and design background, impeccable taste, the ability to think strategically and conceptually on their toes, an open-mind to new ways of working, an understanding of the D2C, B2C markets, and a portfolio of work that demonstrates all of the above.
- Uncompromising Creative Taste A history of award-winning and game-changing work, demonstrating it is possible to move the needle whilst building the brand. The ability to collaborate and bring out the best in partners across all corners of the business, at every level, to develop the best possible assets.
- Speed and Execution In the ever-changing mental health space, we need to act fast. Responsive, tactical solutions at pace are much-needed, alongside more strategic, longer-term solutions. So you need the ability to adapt, respond and deliver quickly whilst maintaining Headspace levels of creative excellence in everything we do.
- Stellar People Leadership On top of directing the team of designers, copywriters, illustrators and animators—you will mentor and guide young creative talent. Cultivating relationships with your direct reports built on trust—paying forward our goals for an environment of transparency and care for the Headspace creative team.
- A successful creative leader, with a minimum of 12+ years in the creative industries (agency and in-house) and 5+ years of leadership experience.
- Inspiring/notable examples of impactful big brand campaigns that you can show the results for.
- Proven success in developing campaigns across all established and emerging ad platforms.
- Strategic in defining and meeting the performance marketing data-driven targets, goals, and objectives.
- Ability to think big and broad across all possible channels and execute to an extraordinary level of craft.
- Excellent visual, written, and verbal communication skills and problem-solving capabilities.
- Experience with both agencies and in-house.
- Experience in social channels is essential.
- Experience in the mental health and/or wellness space.
- A passion for mental health and making the world a happier and healthier place.
Pay & Benefits:
The base salary range for this role is determined by a number of factors, including but not limited to skills and scope required, relevant licensure and certifications, and unique relevant experience and job-related skills. The base salary range for this role is $140,000-$186,000.
At Headspace, cash salary is but one component of our Total Rewards package. We’re proud of our robust package inclusive of: base salary, stock awards, comprehensive healthcare coverage, monthly wellness stipend, retirement savings match, lifetime Headspace membership, unlimited, free mental health coaching, generous parental leave, and much more. Paid performance incentives are also included for those in eligible roles. Additional details about our Total Rewards package will be provided during the recruitment process.
How we feel about Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging:
Headspace is committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do impactful work together.
As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our workplace.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Headspace Health. Please inform our Talent team by filling out this form if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application or interview process.
Headspace participates in the E-Verify Program.
As such, Headspace requests that individuals who have received coaching or clinical services at Headspace wait until their care with Headspace is complete before applying for a position. If someone with a Headspace account is hired for a position, please note their account will be deactivated and they will not be able to use Headspace services for the duration of their employment.
Further, if Headspace cannot find a role that fails to resolve an ethical issue associated with a dual relationship, Headspace may need to take steps to ensure ethical obligations are being adhered to, including a delayed start date or a potential leave of absence. Such steps would be taken to protect both the former member, as well as any relevant individuals from their care team, from impairment, risk of exploitation, or harm.
For how how we will use the personal information you provide as part of the application process, please see: https://organizations.headspace.com/page/applicant-notice.