About the Lead Actuary at Headspace
The Lead Actuary will sit on our Outcomes Research team and work closely with teams across the company, including Product Marketing, Sales, Client and Partner Success, Finance, and Reporting. Headspace has the largest body of evidence and outcomes in Digital Mental Health, with over 50 peer-reviewed studies and collaborations with leading academic institutions, employers, and healthcare organizations. We’ve recently published results showing the significant total cost of care reductions associated with Headspace Care and are looking for someone to grow and scale our approach to modeling and measuring financial impact for our business and customers.
What you will do:
- Work with sales and product marketing teams to drive our financial business case modeling strategy and internal operations; coordinate between external teams (prospective customers and consultants) and internal teams (Finance, Reporting, Research).
- Represent our financial impact story and results at sales meetings and other external events (webinars, conferences) as needed.
- Support our client and partner success teams in executing claims data integration projects.
- Collaborate with internal teams (Research) and external teams (actuarial consultants and partner teams) on methodology and analyses. Work with marketing, research, external partners to validate analyses.
- Contribute subject matter expertise to relevant marketing assets; serve as a strategic partner in identifying opportunities for prospective and retrospective analyses that will further position Headspace’s value proposition.
- Support ad hoc requests from various internal teams using claims data and financial impact methodologies to address business questions.
What you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree (at-minimum) in a quantitative discipline.
- 5+ years in healthcare or digital health, either directly evaluating financial/economic impact of healthcare products and services OR consulting on impact evaluations
- Familiarity and experience with financial modeling methods, tools, and software, including but not limited to Excel and Google Sheets
- Extensive experience with client-facing presentations
- Superior presentation, communication, project management, and problem solving skills
- Experience using GSuite
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects
- Appetite for working cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter, comfort with ambiguity
- ASA or FSA designation
- Experience in digital health, preferably digital mental health
Pay & Benefits:
The base salary range for this role is determined by a number of factors, including but not limited to skills and scope required, relevant licensure and certifications, and unique relevant experience and job-related skills. The base salary range for this role is $130,000-$183,000.
At Headspace, cash salary is but one component of our Total Rewards package. We’re proud of our robust package inclusive of: base salary, stock awards, comprehensive healthcare coverage, monthly wellness stipend, retirement savings match, lifetime Headspace membership, unlimited, free mental health coaching, generous parental leave, and much more. Paid performance incentives are also included for those in eligible roles. Additional details about our Total Rewards package will be provided during the recruitment process.
How we feel about Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging:
Headspace is committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do impactful work together.
As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our workplace.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Headspace Health. Please inform our Talent Acquisition team by filling out this form if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application or interview process.
Headspace participates in the E-Verify Program.
As such, Headspace requests that individuals who have received coaching or clinical services at Headspace wait until their care with Headspace is complete before applying for a position. If someone with a Headspace account is hired for a position, please note their account will be deactivated and they will not be able to use Headspace services for the duration of their employment.
Further, if Headspace cannot find a role that fails to resolve an ethical issue associated with a dual relationship, Headspace may need to take steps to ensure ethical obligations are being adhered to, including a delayed start date or a potential leave of absence. Such steps would be taken to protect both the former member, as well as any relevant individuals from their care team, from impairment, risk of exploitation, or harm.
For how how we will use the personal information you provide as part of the application process, please see: https://organizations.headspace.com/page/applicant-notice.