Machine Learning Engineer
About the Machine Learning Engineer at Headspace:
Headspace ML Platform Engineering is a dynamic and innovative team whose mission is to enhance overall engineering capabilities for the purpose of improving efficiency, productivity, and impact of machine learning engineers. In this team, you’ll be tasked with owning and delivering cutting edge platforms, frameworks, and services that power AI at Headspace. You’ll have the opportunity to lead the vision, alignment, development, deployment, and evangelization of these solutions, helping to bring Headspace to the forefront of AI and to realize its mission to improve health and happiness of the world. You’ll initially be building for top MLEs but with the goal to also scale to engineers, analysts, and other AI enthusiasts, thereby helping to democratize AI at Headspace.
What you will do:
- Contribute to significant technology initiatives end to end and across multiple layers of architecture and business
- Support the development of complex, multi-component, scalable AI platforms and services
- Build continuous automated retraining framework for models in production to enable online learning
- Collaborate with internal organizations to align design and technical decisions
- Provide technical leadership and be a role model for those pursuing technical career path in AI/ML engineering
- Promote the development of high-quality code through engagement in code review and constructive feedback
- Increase internal and external company visibility in the AI community through open source, talks/presentations, etc.
What you will bring:
- Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of software engineering experience. Experience using infrastructure as code tooling and AWS, including SageMaker, Lambda, S3, DynamoDB, IAM
- Experience with MLOps and managing machine learning systems in a production environment Solid understanding of AI/ML technologies such as supervised, unsupervised machine learning, deep learning and reinforcement learning
- Strong experience in OO design and programming in Python
- Experience with unit, integration, and end-to-end testing, as well as setting up and using CI/CD workflows
- Experience working on ML initiatives end-to-end, from inception to production
- Strong problem solving and communication skills and ability to influence across internal organizations
- Strong experience leading design and implementation of robust and highly scalable services
- Passionate about technical excellence
- MS in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with Typescript, Terraform
- Experience building applications with LLMs
- Experience with or interest in mental health or healthcare
Pay & Benefits:
The base salary range for this role is determined by a number of factors, including but not limited to skills and scope required, relevant licensure and certifications, and unique relevant experience and job-related skills. The base salary range for this role is $96,411-$133,903.
At Headspace, cash salary is but one component of our Total Rewards package. We’re proud of our robust package inclusive of: base salary, stock awards, comprehensive healthcare coverage, monthly wellness stipend, retirement savings match, lifetime Headspace membership, unlimited, free mental health coaching, generous parental leave, and much more. Paid performance incentives are also included for those in eligible roles. Additional details about our Total Rewards package will be provided during the recruitment process.
How we feel about Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging:
Headspace is committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do impactful work together.
As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our workplace.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Headspace Health. Please inform our Talent team by filling out this form if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application or interview process.
Headspace participates in the E-Verify Program.
As such, Headspace requests that individuals who have received coaching or clinical services at Headspace wait until their care with Headspace is complete before applying for a position. If someone with a Headspace account is hired for a position, please note their account will be deactivated and they will not be able to use Headspace services for the duration of their employment.
Further, if Headspace cannot find a role that fails to resolve an ethical issue associated with a dual relationship, Headspace may need to take steps to ensure ethical obligations are being adhered to, including a delayed start date or a potential leave of absence. Such steps would be taken to protect both the former member, as well as any relevant individuals from their care team, from impairment, risk of exploitation, or harm.
For how how we will use the personal information you provide as part of the application process, please see: https://organizations.headspace.com/page/applicant-notice.