Posted on Thursday, June 22, 2023
About Morning Consult:
Morning Consult is a global decision intelligence company changing how modern leaders make smarter, faster, better decisions. The company pairs its proprietary high-frequency data with applied artificial intelligence to better inform decisions on what people think and how they will act.
This role is available in our Chicago, IL or Washington, DC offices.
Morning Consult is looking to hire an entrepreneurial strategic communications and market research professional to join our Research Solutions team. Those in this role must understand survey research, advocacy and messaging strategy and have experience bringing people together internally to make projects come to life.
In this role, you will be eager to develop creative and impactful projects that help our clients make the most of our data-focused technology products. You will work closely with leadership to both expand current client offerings and ensure all client needs are exceeded.
The Research Solutions Team at Morning Consult:
The Research Solutions Team at Morning Consult is a crucial part of building an industry-leading, customer-obsessed Commercial Organization to drive sustainable growth across our entire portfolio of business. Our aim is to deliver high-impact, quality intelligence at scale to decision makers anytime, anywhere. Our team consists of researchers who come with experience in market research, insights, political polling, strategic consulting, and more.
What You’ll Be Working On:
- Overseeing research projects for small accounts (≤$500K) independently, with minimal oversight
- Working on diverse research projects, and select methodology and approach to obtain important answers to a client research question, with manager oversight
- Communicating independently with clients to gather survey inputs, communicate progress, and explain data insights and methodology
- Navigating Morning Consult’s data ecosystem and delivering consultative value to clients to deepen trust, with manager support
- Generating deliverables that address key client questions, with minimal oversight
- Focusing and prioritizing work based on business-critical priorities, with occasional guidance from their manager
- Leveraging Salesforce to track client revenue against the contract, with oversight from their manager
- Joining sales calls to interpret research needs, explain simple methodology, and support the proposal process by providing accurate pricing inputs and methodology suggestions
- Adopting and sharing best practices for the research process and project management across teams to increase knowledge and skill
About You and What You’ve Done:
- Proven track record of success, and experience in the research industry
- Experience working closely with clients, eager to exceed client expectations to deepen trust
- Strong prioritization skills, managing multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- An organized planner who clarifies priorities and progress with collaborators to maintain visibility
- Strategic thinker who can recognize research project risks and proactively get ahead of issues
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to understand customer expectations and exceeds them to secure trust
- Uncompromising attention to detail with high technical standards and dedication to learning best research practices
- Proactively raises barriers to success, and contributes creative ideas to increase impact
- A constantly curious individual who seeks stretch assignments, taking advantage of on-the-job learning opportunities
Note: We view the above section as a guide, not a checklist. Research shows that underrepresented/marginalized groups are less likely to apply for a job if they feel that they don’t meet 100% of the qualifications. We welcome diverse and non-traditional backgrounds and encourage you to apply even if you don’t satisfy every single bullet on this list! It’s expected that you’ll learn and grow throughout your time at Morning Consult, so if you’re open to building new skills, we’d love to hear from you.
The expected salary range for this position is $64,300 - $100,000, with a midpoint of $82,100.
In most cases, we target the midpoint of our salary ranges for new hire compensation. This placement is reflective of full proficiency in a role. This role is eligible for additional variable compensation and an equity grant, which will be discussed in your initial recruiter conversation. Please see an overview of Morning Consult’s benefits on our Career Page.
We are committed to a work environment that is inclusive to all and free of discrimination. It is our policy to be an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, veteran status, citizenship status or any other factors prohibited by law. Morning Consult will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals.