Senior Food & Beverage Analyst
Posted on Friday, August 18, 2023
About Morning Consult:
Morning Consult is a global decision intelligence company changing how modern leaders make smarter, faster, better decisions. The company pairs its proprietary high-frequency data with applied artificial intelligence to better inform decisions on what people think and how they will act.
Ideally this position will be based near one of our office locations (Washington, DC; New York, NY; or Chicago, IL).
Morning Consult is looking for a Senior Food & Beverage Analyst to join the company’s growing Analyst division. In this role, your primary responsibility will be to develop written analyses using Morning Consult’s proprietary data to help marketing, communications, insights and strategy professionals in the food & beverage industry make better business decisions and establish Morning Consult as an industry leader.
This role is part of the Analyst division responsible for powering a new subscription offering that uses Morning Consult’s proprietary data to deliver constant content and insight on the most pressing issues and trends facing business, economic and government leaders.
In this role, you will be the go-to food & beverage industry expert for the company. You will work closely with our Sales and Research Solutions divisions to advise clients and will have the opportunity to interact with the media and at industry events as a thought leader in the space. Additionally, you will also get the opportunity to partner with our Data Science, Strategy and Product teams to develop new solutions uniquely tailored to food & beverage professionals.
The ideal candidate for this position will have extensive experience managing the development of fast-paced research for senior executives, a deep understanding of the food & beverage industry as well as of survey research and data and a knack for writing compelling analyses for an elite readership. This role is a unique opportunity to lay the groundwork for a new product line at a rapidly growing company and will get to take advantage of Morning Consult’s wealth of existing resources and leading-edge data and technology products.
The Analyst Team at Morning Consult:
Consumer, economic and geopolitical trends are changing at an unprecedented pace. Morning Consult’s Analyst team delivers smart, unique analysis and data that helps readers keep up with those trends and, most importantly, gives them the insight they need to make better decisions about the future of their business.
What You’ll Be Working On:
- Producing and publishing data-driven and forward-looking research and analysis for readers, paying subscribers and clients on deadline
- As an expert in the food & beverage industry, partnering with Commercial, bringing their expertise to prospective and client conversations
- Working with Content Research to produce MC surveys and/or become an expert on the structure and reporting of MC surveys, with guidance from their manager
- Serving as an external food & beverage expert for Morning Consult, representing the brand at events and in the media
About You and What You’ve Done:
- B.A./B.S. degree in a relevant field along with 5-7 prior years of relevant work experience; OR, M.A./M.S. degree completed in a relevant field with 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated experience publishing data-focused content for a business or consumer audience
- Demonstrated experience or strong familiarity with public opinion data and its relevance in the food & beverage industry, as well as field-specific data more broadly
- Demonstrated experience supporting client engagements
- Normally receives minimal instruction on day-to-day work
- Strong attention to detail and a high degree of decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Eagerness to learn and collaborate with others
- Poise and gravitas, able to command a room of senior leaders
- Ability to work under pressure and in a frequently changing environment
- Insatiable curiosity and a drive to be a thought leader in the food & beverage sector
Note: We view the above section as a guide, not a checklist. Research shows that underrepresented/marginalized groups are less likely to apply for a job if they feel that they don’t meet 100% of the qualifications. We welcome diverse and non-traditional backgrounds and encourage you to apply even if you don’t satisfy every single bullet on this list! It’s expected that you’ll learn and grow throughout your time at Morning Consult, so if you’re open to building new skills, we’d love to hear from you.
The expected salary range for this position is $107,500 - $174,900, with a midpoint of $141,200.
In most cases, we target the midpoint of our salary ranges for new hire compensation. This placement is reflective of full proficiency in a role. This role is eligible for an equity grant, which will be discussed in your initial recruiter conversation**.** Please see an overview of Morning Consult’s benefits on our Career Page.
We are committed to a work environment that is inclusive to all and free of discrimination. It is our policy to be an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, veteran status, citizenship status or any other factors prohibited by law. Morning Consult will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals.