Survey Programmer, Survey Operations
Software Engineering, Operations
Posted on Saturday, August 19, 2023
About Morning Consult:
Morning Consult is a global decision intelligence company changing how modern leaders make smarter, faster, better decisions. The company pairs its proprietary high-frequency data with applied artificial intelligence to better inform decisions on what people think and how they will act.
This role is available in any of our office locations or remote within the United States.
Morning Consult is looking to add a Survey Programmer to our Survey Operations group, part of the Analytics and Data Operations team. You will join a group of survey specialists supporting all of our custom research business including market research studies, data products created by our economic analysis group and surveys in collaboration with media partners and our own in-house content division. This specific role is focused on the programming of surveys leveraging our internal sample platform to collect respondents.
You’ll be a great fit for this role if you have strong attention to detail, the ability to stay organized in a fast-paced environment, comfort with quantitative analysis and survey research and creative problem-solving skills.
The Survey Programmer will work closely with researchers to understand requirements in order to program high-quality surveys. You will also partner with data analysts to ensure data is structured in a way that allows for efficient data processing and deliverable creation.
About the Analytics and Data Operations Team at Morning Consult:
The Analytics and Data Operations team is part of the Commercial Division at Morning Consult. We combine excellence in survey methodology with state-of-the-art data collection technology to deliver high-impact, quality intelligence at scale. Our team consists of experts in Survey Data Collection, Research Methodology and Marketing Science. We support the data collection for all custom and syndicated research products at Morning Consult, and advise internal and external stakeholders on all aspects of research methodology and analytics.
What You’ll Be Working On:
- Executing survey programming, quota generation and data collection for multinational tracking studies
- Performing Quality Assurance (QA) on surveys to ensure the accuracy of data collection and results
- Partnering closely with the research team to understand survey requirements and ensure data collection program meets research goals
- Partnering closely with Survey Analysts to optimize data structure for efficient downstream process
- Managing your time and projects to meet multiple deadlines
- Performing such other tasks and duties as may be required or assigned from time to time in the Company’s discretion
About You and What You’ve Done:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience programming with survey collection software (Qualtrics, Decipher, Confirmit, UNICOM Intelligence (Dimensions), Alchemer, Survey Monkey, etc.)
- Familiarity with working with survey data and experience partnering with market researchers and data analysts on the collection and shaping of research data
- Willing to take feedback, learn and grow; an ethos of continuous self-improvement
Note: We view the above section as a guide, not a checklist. Research shows that underrepresented/marginalized groups are less likely to apply for a job if they feel that they don’t meet 100% of the qualifications. We welcome diverse and non-traditional backgrounds and encourage you to apply even if you don’t satisfy every single bullet on this list! It’s expected that you’ll learn and grow throughout your time at Morning Consult, so if you’re open to building new skills, we’d love to hear from you.
The expected salary range for this position is $52,400 - $79,600, with a midpoint of $66,000.
In most cases, we target the midpoint of our salary ranges for new hire compensation. This placement is reflective of full proficiency in a role. This role is eligible for additional variable compensation and an equity grant, which will be discussed in your initial recruiter conversation. Please see an overview of Morning Consult’s benefits on our Career Page.
We are committed to a work environment that is inclusive to all and free of discrimination. It is our policy to be an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, veteran status, citizenship status or any other factors prohibited by law. Morning Consult will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals.