Customer Success Associate
Customer Service, Sales & Business Development
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2023
About Morning Consult:
Morning Consult is a global decision intelligence company changing how modern leaders make smarter, faster, better decisions. The company pairs its proprietary high-frequency data with rigorous analysis to better inform decisions on what people think and how they will act.
This position will be based near our Washington, DC or New York, NY office.
As a Customer Success Associate at Morning Consult, you will play a pivotal role at the company, ensuring clients of our syndicated data products have a world-class experience and achieve their business goals working with our team. You will act as a bridge between Morning Consult clients and Morning Consult internal teams, advocating for client feedback and helping your clients maximize the impact Morning Consult products have on their business outcomes.
You will manage a portfolio of between 30-40 accounts (note that this number may increase as our team operations continue to scale). You will build strong, trusting relationships with your clients and you’ll serve as an advisor and product consultant. You will help facilitate a smooth contract renewal process and you’ll identify opportunities for clients to purchase additional products. Finally, you’ll contribute to internal team strategy as we continue to build and scale the Customer Success team.
Working directly with major Fortune 500 brands as a consultant, you will contribute to business outcomes that have a wide-reaching impact on the world. You will be an ambassador for Morning Consult, living our values and executing our mission by helping improve how global business, financial and government leaders make decisions.
You’re motivated by building long-term relationships and by helping clients achieve their goals. You’re curious about many different verticals and will ask questions to help uncover nuanced business needs. You’re coachable and crave feedback because you know it accelerates your growth. You are a team player and enjoy contributing to team strategy as much as you enjoy working 1:1 with your clients.
The Customer Success Team at Morning Consult:
The Customer Success team is the newest addition to the Commercial Division at Morning Consult. Customer Success team members are experts in the Morning Consult Intelligence products and partner closely with our clients to help them leverage the platform to address critical business needs and goals. Our mission is to drive customer engagement, retention, and expansion by helping clients best leverage their subscriptions to Morning Consult’s syndicated solutions.
What You’ll Be Working On:
- Guiding new customers through onboarding; training new users on how to navigate the Morning Consult platform
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with your clients, understanding their unique needs and business objectives
- Developing a deep understanding of our products and services to provide expert advice and assistance to clients
- Monitoring accounts and proactively addressing any issues in a timely manner, escalating issues when necessary, while also surfacing opportunities for improvement
- Educating clients on best practices and new features and updates
- Representing the voice of the customer within the organization by collecting and relaying feedback, needs and concerns to our product team
- Identifying opportunities for upselling products or services that align with the client’s needs
- Owning the customer journey by constantly strategizing around securing a client’s contract renewal
- Encouraging engaged clients to become advocates, participate in case studies and testimonials and give referrals
About You and What You’ve Done:
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1-4 years of professional experience (1-2 years of relevant experience or 2-4 years of transferrable experience)
- You are a clear and engaging verbal communicator who can be persuasive and influence decision-makers
- Able to maintain poise and composure in the face of unexpected situations
- Written communication is clear, concise and effective at eliciting responses
- Highly strategic and always thinking about how activities happening today will impact future goals and results
- Goal-oriented and motivated by working towards and achieving a team and an individual goal
- You are coachable and crave feedback, knowing that it helps you learn and grow more quickly; you have an ethos of continuous self-improvement
Note: We view the above section as a guide, not a checklist. Research shows that underrepresented/marginalized groups are less likely to apply for a job if they feel that they don’t meet 100% of the qualifications. We welcome diverse and non-traditional backgrounds and encourage you to apply even if you don’t satisfy every single bullet on this list! It’s expected that you’ll learn and grow throughout your time at Morning Consult, so if you’re open to building new skills, we’d love to hear from you.
The expected salary range for this position is $64,300 - $100,000, with a midpoint of $82,100.
In most cases, we target the midpoint of our salary ranges for new hire compensation. This placement is reflective of full proficiency in a role. This role is eligible for additional variable compensation and an equity grant, which will be discussed in your initial recruiter conversation. Please see an overview of Morning Consult’s benefits on our Career Page.
We are committed to a work environment that is inclusive to all and free of discrimination. It is our policy to be an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, veteran status, citizenship status or any other factors prohibited by law. Morning Consult will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals.