Global Account Director
Sales & Business Development
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Saturday, December 9, 2023
About Morning Consult:
Morning Consult is a global decision intelligence company changing how modern leaders make smarter, faster, better decisions. The company pairs its proprietary high-frequency data with applied artificial intelligence to better inform decisions on what people think and how they will act.
Ideally this position would be based in Washington, DC, however we are open to our other office locations (New York, NY or Chicago, IL).
Morning Consult is looking to add an experienced sales professional with market research experience to accelerate our high-velocity growth with Fortune 500 clients. This role requires the drive and intellectual curiosity to apply our cutting edge SaaS and market research products to a range of industries and enterprise use cases.
Success in this role requires familiarity with custom research and ability to lead consultative engagement with Heads of Brand, Insights, Marketing, and C-Suite at leading companies. As a member of the Commercial team, you will have opportunities to contribute to the company's go-to-market strategy and competitive positioning of new Morning Consult offerings.
The Business Development Team at Morning Consult:
The Business Development Team is part of the Commercial Division at Morning Consult. We build key relationships, think strategically about the issues clients and prospects are facing, and generate the momentum needed to deliver quality intelligence that will help our clients “win.” Our aim is to drive sustainable growth across our entire portfolio of business in close partnership with Commercial division teammates.
What You’ll Be Working On:
- Achieving pipeline and growth targets for 1-5 assigned Fortune 500 clients
- Leading consultative sales process from development to close, including creating winning proposals to demonstrate value of Brand Intelligence and custom research solutions
- Responsible for constant updates to Salesforce forecasting, financial stewardship and keeping up to date on MC selling rules
- Partnering with MC Finance and Legal teams to close scalable deals on fair contract terms
- Collaborating with Manager and Client support teams to drive urgency and secure commercial outcomes on strategic growth opportunities
- Collaborating with internal teams, such as Research SMEs and Product, to help shape growth strategy and expansion opportunities
- Continuously improving through feedback
- Ability to travel up to 30% of time
About You and What You’ve Done:
- 10+ years of enterprise sales experience at a SaaS, data, or market research firm
- Proven track record of professional success and quota attainment
- Ability to lead consultative sales cycle including developing, proposing, and closing complex custom research solutions
- Familiarity with survey research and its methods
- Intellectual curiosity; ability to synthesize data and articulate insights based on audience
- Knowledge and interest in marketing, communications, data, brand, or public affairs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to build rapport quickly with technical and non-technical audiences alike
- Strong collaboration skills; comfortable working across departments and job levels
- BS/BA or equivalent
Note: We view the above section as a guide, not a checklist. Research shows that underrepresented/marginalized groups are less likely to apply for a job if they feel that they don’t meet 100% of the qualifications. We welcome diverse and non-traditional backgrounds and encourage you to apply even if you don’t satisfy every single bullet on this list! It’s expected that you’ll learn and grow throughout your time at Morning Consult, so if you’re open to building new skills, we’d love to hear from you.
The expected salary range for this position is $124,900 - $205,500, with a midpoint of $165,200.
In most cases, we target the midpoint of our salary ranges for new hire compensation. This placement is reflective of full proficiency in a role. This role is eligible for additional variable compensation and an equity grant, which will be discussed in your initial recruiter conversation. Please see an overview of Morning Consult’s benefits on our Career Page.
We are committed to a work environment that is inclusive to all and free of discrimination. It is our policy to be an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, veteran status, citizenship status or any other factors prohibited by law. Morning Consult will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals.