Property Claims Adjuster, Wind & Hail (Remote, US)
Openly is rebuilding insurance from the ground up. We are re-envisioning and enhancing every aspect of the customer experience. Doing this requires a rapidly growing team of exceptional, curious, empathetic people with a wide range of skill sets, spanning technology, data science, product, marketing, sales, service, claims handling, finance, etc.
Now is the perfect time to join the journey. Here’s why
- It’s working. We’re in multiple states and on our way to operating countrywide. We have thousands of agents selling our product and millions of dollars of annual customer premiums.
- We’re well-backed & stable. We closed our $75M Series C fundraise. We are supported by some of the top investors globally, including Google’s “Gradient” AI-focused fund, Obvious Ventures (Beyond Meat, etc.), and Advance Venture Partners.
- It’s not too late! Despite this traction and stability, we’re still early enough in the journey that there’s time to make a real difference during Openly’s formative period.
Openly is building an advanced claims organization leveraging technology and experienced property claims professionals to build a best-in-class end-to-end customer experience. This role is a remote-only position and applicants must have an adequate working environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Full knowledge of insurance contracts, investigation techniques, legal requirements, and insurance regulations.
- Ability to work effectively in teams and with a wide variety of people.
- An aptitude for evaluating, analyzing, and interpreting information.
Excellent skills in the areas of:
- Customer service
- Investigation techniques
- Time management and the ability to multitask
- Verbal and written communication
- Negotiation and reserving
- Problem solving
- Innovative thinking and Continuous Improvement
- Current Claims Adjuster licenses in one or more states preferred but must be able to obtain additional state licenses
End to end property claim handling to include:
- Provide superior customer service
- Investigation and coverage analysis
- Complete estimates using CoreLogic estimating software
- Adhering to estimating best practices
- Manage and collaborate with vendor partners
- Determine appropriate method of inspection
- Conduct virtual inspections (video, AI, etc)
- Examines potential subrogation and identifies potential fraudulent issues.
- Prepares and maintains file documentation
- Negotiates settlement of claims with insureds, claimants and vendors. Discussing and giving updates to insureds, claimants, agents and leadership throughout the process
- Provide input and ideas for continuous process improvement
- Be logged into phone queues to assist customers
- Work CAT hours during storm events or times of high volume as needed
- 5+ years in property claims experience required
- 5+ years in customer service and conflict resolution required
- Field and desk/virtual claim handling experience with Wind & Hail claims required
- Catastrophe claim handling experience preferred
- Must be willing to work extended hours during high CAT volume (CAT Pay included)
- Experience with other perils is a plus; otherwise, must be willing to expand knowledge and learning to include other perils beyond Wind & Hail
- Education equivalent to a college degree
- Must be able and eligible to acquire an adjuster licenses in all required states and maintain it as a condition of continued employment
- Estimating experience in CoreLogic (preferred), Xactimate, or similar platform
- Experience working independently and in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft and Google Products
- Must be tech savvy as high end technology tools will be used for adjusting (virtual inspections, estimating, etc.)
- We are a rapidly growing company, with growth comes change. Candidates must be comfortable with constant change, adaptability and flexibility.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, corporate bonus program, equity position in a start-up company
- Company-sponsored medical, dental, vision insurance plans, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, 401k with corporate contribution, and FSA plan
- Company-paid 12 weeks parental leave policy
- The company fully embraces the “work-from-anywhere in the US” mentality, even before COVID restrictions.
- Paid Time Off
- Fun, fast-paced, startup environment
U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer and currently residing in the US will be considered.
Openly is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Openly is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Openly will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities under applicable law.