Senior Compliance Analyst (Remote, US)
Openly is rebuilding insurance from the ground up. We are re-envisioning and enhancing every aspect of the customer experience. Doing this requires a rapidly growing team of exceptional, curious, empathetic people with a wide range of skill sets, spanning technology, data science, product, marketing, sales, service, claims handling, finance, etc.
Now is the perfect time to join the journey. Here’s why
- It’s working. We’re in multiple states and on our way to operating countrywide. We have thousands of agents selling our product and millions of dollars of annual customer premiums.
- We’re well-backed & stable. We closed our $75M Series C fundraise. We are supported by some of the top investors globally, including Google’s “Gradient” AI-focused fund, Obvious Ventures (Beyond Meat, etc.), and Advance Venture Partners.
- It’s not too late! Despite this traction and stability, we’re still early enough in the journey that there’s time to make a real difference during Openly’s formative period.
Openly is hiring a Sr. Compliance Analyst to support our compliance function. Reporting to the Sr. Compliance Manager, this Sr. Compliance Analyst will support our insurance product and operational compliance by providing guidance and advise to the business and helping to develop key compliance processes vital to our success. The primary responsibilities will be to:
- Review and analyze state statutes, regulations, insurance department bulletins, etc. to determine impact and ensure regulatory requirements
- Monitor and distribute regulatory and legislative changes, assist the business with actions plans, and develop necessary recommendations
- Advise, guide, and support the business regarding compliance with laws, regulations, or standards related to the policy lifecycle
- Manage state regulatory requests, surveys, and general data calls
- Support and coordinate market conduct exams and inquiries
- Work in conjunction with the Sr. Compliance Manager to conduct audits to identify errors and monitor corrective actions and remediation plans
- Perform ad hoc compliance projects as assigned
- 5+ years of experience in Property and Casualty (P&C) insurance compliance, or related industry experience required
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory and legal requirements related to product and operational functions in P&C personal lines
- Ability to prioritize and manage competing tasks and customers in a fast-paced environment
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, corporate bonus program, equity position in a start-up company
- Company-sponsored medical, dental, vision insurance plans, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, 401k with corporate contribution, and FSA plan
- Company-paid 12 weeks parental leave policy
- The company fully embraces the “work-from-anywhere in the US” mentality, even before COVID restrictions.
- Paid Time Off
- Fun, fast-paced, startup environment
U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer and currently residing in the US will be considered.
Openly is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Openly is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Openly will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities under applicable law.