IT Procurement Analyst (Remote, US)
Openly is rebuilding insurance from the ground up. We are re-envisioning and enhancing every aspect of the customer experience. Doing this requires a rapidly growing team of exceptional, curious, empathetic people with a wide range of skill sets, spanning technology, data science, product, marketing, sales, service, claims handling, finance, etc.
Now is the perfect time to join the journey. Here’s why
- It’s working. We’re in multiple states and on our way to operating countrywide. We have thousands of agents selling our product and millions of dollars of annual customer premiums.
- We’re well-backed & stable. We closed our $75M Series C fundraise. We are supported by some of the top investors globally, including Google’s “Gradient” AI-focused fund, Obvious Ventures (Beyond Meat, etc.), and Advance Venture Partners.
- It’s not too late! Despite this traction and stability, we’re still early enough in the journey that there’s time to make a real difference during Openly’s formative period.
We are pleased to announce that we are currently in search of an experienced IT Procurement Specialist to join our team. As an IT Procurement Specialist, you will play a crucial role in our organization, managing the procurement of IT hardware, software, and services. You will work closely with our IT department to ensure that all IT procurement meets the needs of the organization, while maintaining a high level of quality.
- Execute procurement strategies for IT hardware, software, and services in order to meet the organization's needs and goals
- Work with existing software/hardware suppliers and identify the best value for our organization
- Track renewals for software licenses and send out reminders to business owners
- Managing the entire purchasing process from start to finish, which includes placing orders and delivery tracking. This will ensure that the procurement process is efficient and effective.
- Analyze data to identify areas of opportunity to consolidate and reduce spend for procurement and sourcing categories
- Staying up-to-date with industry trends and best practices in IT procurement, so that you can bring new ideas and approaches to the organization.
- Update our asset inventory system with new equipment and user assignment
- Work through the laptop depreciation cycle (report, order and coordinate replacements or disposal)
- Process receipts for IT purchases in our finance system
- Coordinate vendor meetings for quarterly updates with appropriate business owners
- Create reports for IT spend
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in IT procurement or a related field.
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships with suppliers, which will help you get the best value for our organization.
- Knowledge of IT hardware, software, and services procurement processes, which will enable you to make informed decisions during the procurement process.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, which are essential when working on complex procurement projects.
If you are a detail-oriented IT procurement professional with a passion for delivering high-quality results, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to work with a group of talented professionals who are committed to achieving our organization's goals.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, corporate bonus program, equity position in a start-up company
- Company-sponsored medical, dental, vision insurance plans, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, 401k with corporate contribution, and FSA plan
- Company-paid 12 weeks parental leave policy
- The company fully embraces the “work-from-anywhere in the US” mentality, even before COVID restrictions.
- Paid Time Off
- Fun, fast-paced, startup environment
U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer and currently residing in the US will be considered.
Openly is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Openly is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Openly will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities under applicable law.