Underwriting Assistant - Temporary 6-month Contract (Remote, US)
Openly is rebuilding insurance from the ground up. We are re-envisioning and enhancing every aspect of the customer experience. Doing this requires a rapidly growing team of exceptional, curious, empathetic people with a wide range of skill sets, spanning technology, data science, product, marketing, sales, service, claims handling, finance, etc.
Now is the perfect time to join the journey. Here’s why
- It’s working. We’re in multiple states and on our way to operating countrywide. We have thousands of agents selling our product and millions of dollars of annual customer premiums.
- We’re well-backed & stable. We closed our $75M Series C fundraise. We are supported by some of the top investors globally, including Google’s “Gradient” AI-focused fund, Obvious Ventures (Beyond Meat, etc.), and Advance Venture Partners.
- It’s not too late! Despite this traction and stability, we’re still early enough in the journey that there’s time to make a real difference during Openly’s formative period.
We’re growing and looking for a Temporary Personal Lines Underwriting Assistant at Openly to complement the Underwriting Team!! This role will provide critical support for the growing needs of the company, our independent agency partners, and policyholders. This role's ideal candidate will be energized and excited about working as part of an insurtech startup company. A can-do attitude and roll up your sleeves mindset are critical for this role.
If you exemplify Integrity, Empathy, Teamwork, Curiosity, and Urgency, we want to hear from you.
- Assist with the processing of non-renewals
- Assist with the processing of cancellations and request for repairs letters
- Collaboratively engage with underwriters and product teams as necessary to inquiry, instruct, collect, or maintain pertinent information to ensure there are no gaps in our process and workflow
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of one year of processing experience
- Preferred exposure to property and casualty insurance
- Ability to manage confidential information appropriately and professionally
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment and is adaptable in nature
- Resourcefulness, intellectual curiosity, and a genuine interest in learning new processes and working in a fast-paced startup
- Familiarity with Google Suite is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written, including excellent listening skills
- Incredibly organized with superb attention to detail
- Self-starter mentality with strong time-management skills who can work autonomously
**This is a contract role and is not eligible for benefits**
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, corporate bonus program, equity position in a start-up company
- Company-sponsored medical, dental, vision insurance plans, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, 401k with corporate contribution, and FSA plan
- Company-paid 12 weeks parental leave policy
- The company fully embraces the “work-from-anywhere in the US” mentality, even before COVID restrictions.
- Paid Time Off
- Fun, fast-paced, startup environment
U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer and currently residing in the US will be considered.
Openly is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Openly is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Openly will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities under applicable law.