Rent the Runway
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About the Job:
As a Planner on our Inventory team, you will be responsible for creating and operationalizing inventory plans to support RTR’s growth. You will be accountable for maintaining and driving optimal inventory levels by category and channel to maximize ROI. You will report to the VP of Planning & Inventory Strategy and work cross-functionally with Buying/Fashion, Finance, and Analytics. The ideal candidate is inquisitive, comfortable working with complex data, and energized by having a direct impact on growth.
What You’ll Do:
Support the Inventory Performance & Optimization team’s inventory end-of-life efforts by creating and executing our inventory exit strategy:
- Create pre-season plans and in-season forecasts that support our inventory needs to scale our rental offering
- Analyze inventory performance based on historical data, product attributes and customer attributes across RTR’s various channels
- Lead cross-functional analyses and mechanisms for allocation, reorders, and other strategic inventory decisions.
- Regularly communicate inventory insights, findings, and trends to Inventory team as well as cross-functional stakeholders
- Utilize Looker to build and maintain data visualizations
- Support Buying teams’ understanding of and ability to improve key metrics by partnering with Data Science team on actionable analyses
- Build and evolve planning tools and processes to support growth and keep up with rapidly changing business needs
- Bachelor’s degree and 4-5 years of experience in planning, analytics, finance, consulting, retail, or an early-to-growth stage company.
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills with an interest in data and its ability to create value and shape business decisions.
- Excellent communication skills across multiple mediums and an ability to provide clear, concise information to key stakeholders on various teams.
- Self-starter with entrepreneurial drive and a demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- A strong attention to detail, as well as an understanding of the bigger picture.
- An innate sense of curiosity and desire to solve problems, make decisions and take action on both an individual and collaborative basis.
- Microsoft Office skills, specifically Advanced Excel required
- Proficiency in SQL and Looker a plus
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Office centric work - our corporate employees and technical leaders have the option to work remotely on Fridays, in accordance with Company policies.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
The anticipated base salary for this position is $98,800 to $123,500. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held. This position is also eligible for equity compensation.