Human Resources Business Partner
Rent the Runway
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About the Job:
As the HRBP for our Operations Facility at DFW, you will partner closely with Operations Senior Management and HR Leadership to develop and execute the HR strategies that foster organizational and people effectiveness. To succeed in this role, you will develop an understanding of business objectives and translate them into an aligned HR agenda. You will use your experience and good judgement to diagnose and prioritize issues taking proactive steps to address balancing HR and legal requirements and business needs.
You will work closely with Ops Leadership and the People Team to develop and implement projects around key areas including but not limited to labour planning, performance management, employee relations, retention, engagement, internal communications, management development, coaching and supporting DEI initiatives to create a high performing and inclusive work environment. This role offers the opportunity for a hands-on HRBP to impact the tactical and strategic agenda across the full employee lifecycle while supporting our 24/6 Fulfillment Center.
The ideal candidate will be a creative, collaborative, results-oriented Manager who can prioritize strategically and act decisively. You will be highly engaged with our workforce and successfully monitor the "pulse" of the employees and adapt based on feedback and insights. Experience with a rapidly changing work environment and high-volume workload is a must. You will thrive in this environment if you can “roll up your sleeves and get involved” and bring a passion for developing a strong, diverse and collaborative team.
What You’ll Do:
- Execute our people initiatives, providing comprehensive internal customer support and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement.
- Understand business goals and recommend informed approaches to HR initiatives, policies and procedures that drive success.
- Guide and advise leaders in corrective action, performance improvement plans and employee terminations.
- Coaching and mentoring at the management level.
- Own Management Learning & Development programs including drafting facilitator guides, participant guides, PowerPoint decks, and job aids to support the learning opportunities and close gaps in leadership capability.
- Create and drive effective employee relations, retention and reward programs.
- Advise leaders regarding legal and regulatory compliance: FMLA, ADA, FLSA, EEO, OSHA, Safety, etc.
- Partner with Senior Leadership to drive performance management at all levels of the organization
- Ensure consistent policy implementation, communication and monitor adherence.
- Facilitate and partner as necessary using sound judgement and an informed approach to resolve employee relation concerns.
- Partner with operations leadership to drive engagement based on their Employee Engagement Survey results in alignment with company goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Business or related field; advanced HR degree preferred.
- At least 4 years in a dedicated HR role with at least 2 years of HR management experience.
- The ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously - orientated on results.
- Experience interpreting and applying HR policies, procedures, programs and processes.
- Passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvement.
- Solutions-focused approach and high level of comfort in a high-performing environment with ambitious deliverables.
- Ability to proactively identify problems and drive appropriate resolutions.
- Previous experience training to manager level.
- Experience working in an HR role in a manufacturing or warehouse environment essential.
- Excellent problem solver with a proven track record of driving results through a project lifecycle.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Products, Internet navigation, HRIS systems
- Able to create, analyze, report and manipulate data as it relates to HR metrics
- Bilingual in Spanish - a plus
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the well-being of our employees and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company-wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Office centric work: The role is onsite out of our Dallas Forth Worth facility, 5 days per week
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.