Business Development Representative II, Enterprise
Sales & Business Development
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Thursday, June 8, 2023
Tegus is the leading market intelligence platform for key decision makers. We power some of the world’s most well-respected institutional investors, corporations, and consultancies through the largest and most comprehensive database of primary and market information. Our products and services enable clients to discover unmatched insights and answers to the most challenging questions they face to help them make better informed decisions.
As an Enterprise Business Development Representative at Tegus, you will be outbound focused. Your mission is to generate a robust pipeline of qualified sales leads by arranging concept calls and in-person meetings between institutional investors and the Tegus sales team. You will take ownership of the new client development process by researching the market, identifying key targets, connecting directly with prospective clients, and facilitating introductory meetings with Account Executives.
- Effectively cold prospect through multiple mediums (emails, calls, social, etc.)
- Collaborate with Sales team members to penetrate targeted accounts with innovative approaches.
- Generate qualified sales leads for the Sales team to negotiate and close.
- Efficiently use Salesforce, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, and industry-specific tools to research accounts, identify key contacts and reach out to prospective customers.
- Skillfully manage a high volume of outreach into prospective accounts.
- Build credibility and trust with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrate adaptability and flexibility as part of an ever-growing sales organization.
- Aim to individually compete (and win!) while still being a fantastic teammate.
- Experience prospecting into a list of target accounts.
- Exceptionally strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Enthusiasm around cold calling, with the confidence to engage key decision-makers over the phone.
- High level of energy, enthusiasm, initiative, professionalism, and a positive attitude (we have fun here & want you to also!).
- Persistence, drive, and a goal-focused mindset as you own projects from initiation to completion.
- Superb organizational skills and attention to detail, plus the ability to effectively prioritize tasks within a fast-paced environment.
- Coachability and learning agility suitable for an evolving competitive landscape.
Benefits & Perks
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans.
- 401K plan with an employer match.
- Paid parental leave for all parents.
- Unlimited paid vacation, flexible work hours, and 10 observed paid holidays per year.
- Employer funded long-term disability.
- Fantastic culture with regular virtual company-wide events, including cooking classes, yoga, meditation and more.
- Generous employee referral bonus program.
- The opportunity to attend peer-nominated quarterly DEI events.
- Working for a thriving, performance-based company that values promoting from within, career advancement and transparency.
- Work from our state of the art office in the heart of Chicago’s Loop featuring standing desks, nursing parent rooms, gender neutral bathrooms, subsidized gym access, and full amenity floor.
- Commuter benefits & a fully stocked kitchen with rotating snacks and beverages.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Tegus we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Tegus is unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment visas at this time.
Tegus, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Tegus complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Tegus expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.