Learning Experience Designer
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Wednesday, August 16, 2023
Tegus is the leading market intelligence platform for key decision makers. We power some of the world’s most well-respected institutional investors, corporations, and consultancies through the largest and most comprehensive database of primary and market information. Our products and services enable clients to discover unmatched insights and answers to the most challenging questions they face to help them make better informed decisions.
Tegus seeks a proactive Learning Experience Designer (LXD) to join our Sales and Customer Success Enablement team. In this role, you will design and develop engaging learning solutions for digital and in-person experiences while creating content and assets for our GTM organization. As a key contributor, you will play a vital role in implementing and managing our content management solution, ensuring a smooth onboarding experience for new hires and enabling them to get up to speed quickly. Additionally, you will map the learning and continued education journey for our sales and customer success representatives and leaders, ensuring a comprehensive and effective development experience.
- Map the Learning Journey: Collaborate with stakeholders to create a comprehensive learning journey for Sales Leaders, Customer Success Leaders, Account Executives, and Customer Success Managers, ensuring well-structured and engaging development experiences.
- Build Engaging Content and Assets: Design and develop high-quality learning content and assets that empower the GTM organization to effectively learn about customers, products, and deals, catering to various adult learning styles and needs.
- Onboarding Programs: Design and deliver comprehensive onboarding programs for new Sales and CS hires, focusing on core personas and products, to ensure a successful ramping experience and seamless integration with the broader enablement and sales team.
- CMS & LMS Implementation and Maintenance: Manage the implementation and maintenance of our content management and learning management systems, ensuring seamless access to relevant resources and courses for all team members.
- Quarterly Curriculum Audit: Review and assess existing learning curricula, training modules, and content to ensure accuracy, relevance, and alignment with organizational goals.
- Conduct Needs Analysis: Conduct thorough needs analyses to identify skill gaps within the organization and create targeted learning initiatives to address these gaps, driving continuous improvement and performance enhancement.
- Measure Enablement Content Effectiveness: Develop and implement assessment strategies, such as surveys, quizzes, etc., to measure the impact of enablement content on learners’ knowledge and skills.
- Stay Current with Industry Trends: Continuously monitor industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies related to learning experience design and sales enablement.
- Minimum experience of 3-4 years in Learning Experience Design, Instructional Design, or Sales/CS Enablement
- Experience working in a high–growth SaaS environment
- Knowledge of Adult Learning Styles and the ADDIE Model
- Extensive experience creating e-learning and training mediums
- Ability to manage a portfolio of onboarding and continuing education projects
- Proven track record of building programs from the ground up
- Experience implementing and maintaining platforms such as articulate, LMS, and CMS platforms
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred, i.e., Instructional design, Learning Experience Design, Organizational Development, etc. OR relevant experience
Benefits + Perks
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans.
- 401K plan with an employer match.
- Paid parental leave for all parents.
- All employees are granted equity through our Restricted Stock Units (RSU) Program.
- Unlimited paid vacation, flexible work hours, and 10 observed paid holidays per year.
- Employer funded long-term disability.
- Fantastic culture with regular virtual company-wide events, including cooking classes, yoga, meditation and more.
- Generous employee referral bonus program.
- The opportunity to attend peer-nominated quarterly DEI events.
- Working for a thriving, performance-based company that values promoting from within, career advancement and transparency.
- Work from our state of the art office in the heart of Chicago’s Loop featuring standing desks, nursing parent rooms, gender neutral bathrooms, subsidized gym access, and full amenity floor.
- Commuter benefits & a fully stocked kitchen with rotating snacks and beverages.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Tegus we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Tegus is unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment visas at this time.
Tegus, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Tegus complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Tegus expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.