Business Analyst Intern
IT, Sales & Business Development
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Thursday, November 16, 2023
Tegus is the leading market intelligence platform for key decision makers. We power some of the world’s most well-respected institutional investors, corporations, and consultancies through the largest and most comprehensive database of primary and market information. Our products and services enable clients to discover unmatched insights and answers to the most challenging questions they face to help them make better informed decisions. (And because a job description can only contain a fraction of how we operate, click here to learn more about the Tech Team at Tegus!)
Join our Entity Data Team as a Business Analyst Intern for an 8 or 12-month internship. Successful candidates will find themselves increasing their knowledge of capital markets and data analysis with their exposure and contributions to our database that covers companies across the globe.
- Search for, analyze and collect company information from various sources such as SEC filings and other data sources.
- Enrich our public and private sector company data classification.
- Conduct industry/sector research and assist in creating multi-company datasets.
- Learn about data modeling best practices and use these learnings to improve our product datasets.
- Assist our Compliance Teams with specific projects as needed.
- Currently enrolled in or recently completed a post-secondary degree in data science or a business-related degree (e.g. economics, business, accounting, finance).
- Committed to task and attention to detail.
- Intense curiosity and ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to prioritize work and multi-task responsibilities.
- Good personal skills and the ability to work independently and collaborate effectively within a team environment.
- Interest in capital markets and financial data.
- Possesses a broad interest in subjects covering accounting, finance, commerce and/or technology.
Benefits & Perks
- Earn competitive pay while gaining in-depth training and unique insights into the primary research industry.
- Fantastic culture with regular virtual company-wide events, including cooking classes, yoga, meditation and more.
- The opportunity to attend peer-nominated quarterly DEI events.
- Working for a thriving, performance-based company that values promoting from within, career advancement and transparency.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Tegus we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Tegus is unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment visas at this time.
Tegus, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Tegus complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Tegus expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.