Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
Tegus is the leading market intelligence platform for key decision makers. We power some of the world’s most well-respected institutional investors, corporations, and consultancies through the largest and most comprehensive database of primary and market information. Our products and services enable clients to discover unmatched insights and answers to the most challenging questions they face to help them make better informed decisions.
Tegus facilitates extremely valuable calls between our clients and experts. Given the proprietary insights in these conversations, compliance is critical to our business, and a key component of our value add. You’ll be on the front lines, ensuring our policies and procedures are correctly enforced before and after all Tegus calls.
- Act as a self-starter within a flat, start-up environment, while working closely with a highly collaborative Compliance Team.
- Utilize extensive knowledge of Tegus’ cutting edge Compliance program to detect material nonpublic and confidential information in transcripts, and ensure information is redacted in accordance with internal protocols, applicable laws/regulations, and industry standards.
- Conduct advanced research to determine the extent to which information exists in the public domain.
- Complete a due diligence review of each call and document any instances where Tegus sourcing guidelines are not adhered to.
- Work with Tegus’ Operations Team to answer compliance-related questions and identify unnecessary roadblocks.
- Stay on top of internal/external communications and operate efficiently in a time-sensitive environment.
- Perform a variety of administrative tasks, including but not limited to, inputting and tracking various types of data on our processes, transcripts, and workflows.
- 1-2 years of experience as a paralegal, legal assistant, compliance analyst, or similar is preferred, but not required.
- Acute attention to detail with proofreading, drafting, and investigative/research experience.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks, manage time, and remain highly organized.
- Skilled in project management, and able to execute deadlines within a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in working cross-functionally, and thrives in a team environment.
- Coachable, with a willingness to learn and improve.
- Adaptability to constant change, the nature of this role requires someone who is flexible and can quickly pivot to suit Tegus’ business needs.
Benefits & Perks
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans.
- 401K plan with an employer match.
- Paid parental leave for all parents.
- Unlimited paid vacation, flexible work hours, and 10 observed paid holidays per year.
- Employer funded long-term disability.
- Award-winning culture with regular team-wide events designed to foster connections and promote creativity.
- Generous employee referral bonus program.
- The opportunity to attend peer-nominated quarterly DEI events.
- Working for a thriving, performance-based company that values promoting from within, career advancement and transparency.
- Work from our state of the art office in the heart of Chicago’s Loop featuring standing desks, nursing parent rooms, gender neutral bathrooms, subsidized gym access, and full amenity floor.
- Commuter benefits & a fully stocked kitchen with rotating snacks and beverages.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Tegus we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Tegus is unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment visas at this time.
Tegus, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Tegus complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Tegus expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.