VP Data (F/M/D)
Vestiaire Collective is the leading global online marketplace for desirable pre-loved fashion. Our mission is to transform the fashion industry for a more sustainable future by empowering our community to promote the circular fashion movement. Vestiaire was founded in 2009 and is headquartered in Paris with offices in London, Berlin, New York, Singapore and Hong Kong and warehouses in Tourcoing (France), Crawley (UK), Hong Kong and New York.
We currently have a diverse global team of 800 employees representing more than 50 nationalities. Our values are community, activism, transparency, dedication and greatness. We are proud to be a BCorp.
VP Data (F/M/D)
Permanent contract, full-time position, based in Paris, Berlin, Lisbon or London
About the role
As the VP Data & Analytics at Vestiaire Collective, you will lead and drive most of our data efforts. This is a crucial role in taking Vestiaire Collective to the next level. Your role is to set and own our data vision and strategy, to build a data-informed culture across the entire business, educate and evangelise the organisation on modern data technologies like machine learning, drive data innovation, and build a robust and scalable data platform powering our ML- and analytical capabilities. This is a broad scope enabling the person to have a significant impact on our strategic direction, the evolution of our products, and hence our commercial success as a company. At Vestiaire, we firmly believe that data has to be at the core of everything we do and that data is the #1 enabler and innovation driver to build a smarter, better, and more personalised user experience.
Reporting into the CTO, you will lead a talented team of Data Engineers, BI Engineers, Analytics and Data Scientist to whom you act as a players coach while working embedded into our various product development teams on a day to day basis. You will collaborate closely with the engineering- and product leadership team and other stakeholders and functions, such as business development, finance, marketing or commercial teams . The role can be based in Paris, Berlin, Lisbon or London.
Join us in shaping a data-driven future at Vestiaire Collective, where you will have the opportunity to make a real impact on our business and develop your career in a collaborative and innovative environment.
What you’ll be doing
- Own and drive Vestiaire Collective’s data vision and strategy.
- Be the undisputed, business-driven thought leader for data across the company, evangelise and educate the larger company about data topics and trends.
- Foster a data-informed culture across our business and product development in everything we do.
- Build a reliable, scalable data platform that democratises data and allows easy access to data in a secure and compliant manner.
- Build and provide world-class analytics, data visualisation, dashboarding and reporting capabilities.
- Lead a cross-functional team of ~30 data specialists. Hire, retain and develop top talent.
- Drive product evolution via customer insights and data innovation.
- Be the players coach for our embedded data science team by organising our data science chapter and by focussing on training, competency development as well as determining best practices and standards.
- Initiate (educational) data science programs across departments and functions.
- Drive efficiency and productivity by applying modern data capabilities across various functions (copy, marketing, product development, engineering).
- Collaborate closely with business stakeholders across major functions (marketing, finance, product development, commercial teams).
Who you are
- +8 years of work experience in data related functions.
- +4 years of experience in a similar leadership position.
- Master’s degree (PhD preferred) in Statistics, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, or any other related quantitative field.
- Extensive experience with data science, machine learning and statistical methodologies
- Strong expertise in data engineering, data modelling, data visualisation, and advanced analytics techniques.
- Proficiency in data tools and technologies (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch, SQL, Tableau, AirFlow)
- Knowledge of a cloud provider toolchains for deployment of data pipelines, machine learning models and software services (AWS a plus).
What we offer
- A meaningful job with an impact on the way people consume fashion and promote sustainability
- The opportunity to do career defining work in a fast growing French-born scale up
- Hybrid work schedule
- The possibility to work as part of a global diverse team with more than 50 nationalities
- 2 days to help Project - reinforcing your activist journey and volunteer for an association
- Significant investment in your learning and growth
- Competitive compensation and benefits package