Vestiaire Collective is the leading global online marketplace for desirable pre-loved fashion. Our mission is to transform the fashion industry for a more sustainable future by empowering our community to promote the circular fashion movement. Vestiaire was founded in 2009 and is headquartered in Paris with offices in London, Berlin, New York, Singapore and Hong Kong and warehouses in Tourcoing (France), Crawley (UK), Hong Kong and New York.
We currently have a diverse global team of 1000 employees representing over 50 nationalities. Our values are community, activism, transparency, dedication and greatness. We are proud to be a BCorp.
About the role
Vestiaire Collective is seeking an individual with experience in (i) privacy and data protection and (ii) in general compliance to join the global compliance team. This individual should be able to support the group on a range of privacy, data protection, compliance and governance-related initiatives. This is a full-time position located in our global headquarters in Paris. We are looking for a team player with sharp analytical and communication skills, who is diligent, proactive, collaborative, organized, with the ability to lead and drive organization wide multi-stakeholder work programmes from inception to conclusion on a cross functional basis.
- Maintenance of the register of processing operations;
- Review and update of the personal data and cookies charter;
- Drafting template data processing agreements, personal data clauses and personal data notices;
- Analysis and recommendations on the implementation of new processing operations (including impact analysis and balancing tests);
- Handling of requests to exercise the rights of individuals;
- Supporting and advising the group's internal clients on their privacy-related projects;
- Participation in the improvement of internal procedures and team training sessions;
- Legal monitoring of the regulations applicable to personal data protection.
Compliance, Governance & Ethics
- Participation in the implementation and monitoring of the group's global compliance programme (including SAPIN II, Digital Services Act, AML and sanctions);
- Participation in the drafting of communication and training materials;
- Ensuring that the group's activities comply with the Code of Ethics;
- Supporting the teams in the context of the group's ethical commitments and the BCorp certification
Who are you?
- Law degree in data protection / compliance from an accredited university;
- Compliance certifications such as a data protection professional (CIPP/E, CIPP/M, CIPP/T) highly regarded;
- You have a minimum 4 years’ experience within a company and/or a law firm in an international environment covering data privacy and compliance matters;
- Excellent written and spoken French and English;
- Good command of the OfficeSuite and legal databases and an appetite for optimising legal operations and project management;
- Ability to deliver efficient work, meet deadlines and manage complex projects in a fast-paced environment;
- You are adaptable, dynamic, rigorous, analytical and have excellent interpersonal skills. You are also able to listen and be discreet.
What we offer
- A meaningful job with an impact on the way people consume fashion and promote sustainability
- Flexible work possibilities
- The opportunity to do career-defining work in a fast-growing French-born scale up
- The possibility to work as part of a globally diverse team with more than 50 nationalities
- Two days to help Project - reinforcing your activist journey and volunteer for an association
- Significant investment in your learning and growth
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- As full member of our entrepreneurial project, you will be eligible to free shares
Vestiaire Collective is an equal opportunities employer