Stylist & Artistic Director
Vestiaire Collective is the leading global online marketplace for desirable pre-loved fashion. Our mission is to transform the fashion industry for a more sustainable future by empowering our community to promote the circular fashion movement. Vestiaire was founded in 2009 and is headquartered in Paris with offices in London, Berlin, New York, Singapore, Ho Chi Minh and Hong Kong and warehouses in Tourcoing (France), Crawley (UK), Hong Kong and New York.
We currently have a diverse global team of 800 employees representing more than 50 nationalities. Our values are community, activism, transparency, dedication and greatness. We are proud to be a BCorp.
Vestiaire Collective is looking for a Style & Artistic Director F/M/D (Maternity Cover), to join our Creative Factory team on a fixed term contract (6 months)
This is a full-time role based out of our Paris office reporting to the Creative Director.
What you’ll do
Sitting within the Creative Factory, you will be the person in charge of fashion direction at Vestiaire Collective, translating the commercial needs into trends, selecting products for the various channels and promotional activity, researching current trends and translating them into editorial angles resonating with our business.
You will also be the main person responsible for content creation, defining the Onsite and SoMe content strategy with the Creative Director, and executing it to the highest levels.
The ideal candidate is someone with a creative eye, strong knowledge of the fashion industry, comparable experience in a luxury house or magazine. The role involves a strong experience in production of fashion shoots, and an incomparable ability to select teams of creatives (photographers, set designers, content creators), negotiate budgets and respect timelines for post-production.
- Shoots & Campaigns : Collect the commercial needs and translate them into creative briefs for every shooting, direct on set and take-care of the post production
- Talents research : Connect with the best talents in the industry (stylists, photographers, set designers, beauty teams, ...) and negotiate advantageous rates for our productions
- Lead the relationship with our production agency, produce timelines
- Create seasonal fashion direction decks in order to define the trends and brands that will make our identity for the quarter
- Manage our fashion editorial strategy, build the quarterly calendars orchestrating the delivery of assets for all our channels
- Bring fashion direction for all the various brand pushes and commercial activations (celebrity diners, physical retail space, collaborations, brand partnerships,...)
- Manage the commercial offering and be the point of contact with the Merchandising team to ensure relevant supply is pushed on our channels
Who you are
- Proven experience in leading a fashion team in a fashion house, e-commerce platform or magazine (+6 years)
- Very strong experience in directing shoots (videos and stills)
- Great business acumen, strong understanding of commercial challenges
What we offer
- A meaningful job with an impact on the way people consume fashion and promote sustainability
- The possibility to work remotely 50% of your time
- The opportunity to do career defining work in a fast growing French-born scale up
- The possibility to work as part of a global diverse team with more than 50 nationalities
- 2 days to help Project - reinforcing your activist journey and volunteer for an association
- Significant investment in your learning and growth
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.