Data Engineer (F/M/D)
Vestiaire Collective is the leading global online marketplace for desirable pre-loved fashion. Our mission is to transform the fashion industry for a more sustainable future by empowering our community to promote the circular fashion movement. Vestiaire was founded in 2009 and is headquartered in Paris with offices in London, Berlin, New York, Singapore, Ho Chi Minh and Hong Kong and warehouses in Tourcoing (France), Crawley (UK), Hong Kong and New York.
We currently have a diverse global team of 800 employees representing more than 50 nationalities. Our values are community, activism, transparency, dedication and greatness. We are proud to be a BCorp.
CRM Data Engineer (F/M/D)
Permanent position based in Paris
About the role
You will be part of the CRM team as a Data Engineer, and your objective will be to ensure that data is properly orchestrated between our internal Data Platforms, and our CRM Tool (Braze) to have proper reporting and monitoring, so that our teams have the necessary tools to take the right decisions, as well as to get the right information to our users at the right time.
What you’ll be doing
- Co-creating and continuously developing the technical architecture of the Vestiaire Collective Data Platform
- Setting up foundational data models as well as implementing data ingestion strategies for diverse data sources, such as internal databases, third-party sources, user data trackers that will then be used by analysts and business members,
- Optimize, redesign and define best practices for data transformations and data model development in dbt for our analysts.
- Maintaining and improving reverse ETL to feed our external platforms with the information needed for our CRM operations
- Build new automations for manual processes to improve our team efficiency and speed up decision making
- Working closely with Data Scientists to ensure smooth and quick implementation of algorithms in production
- Implementing tools for task scheduling, data quality controls, stability monitoring and alerting
- Continuous learning and staying up-to-date with the latest developments in the data technology space in order to keep the team ahead of the curve.
Who you are
- 2+ years of working experience, including work with relational databases, Hadoop, NOSQL and/or cloud infrastructure (e.g. AWS)
- Educational background in Computer Science / Data Engineering / Data Science / Data analytics fields
- Solid understanding of database concepts and experience with data processing tools (SQL, dbt...) - mandatory
- Hands-on experience with at least one of the following: Python, Airflow, Kafka, K8S, Git and curiosity to learn others. Tableau & Braze are a plus.
- Creative approach toward problem solving, passion for exploring new technologies
- Experience with version control technology (Git)
- Experience in creating and maintaining high volume data models
- Experience designing and implementing a data warehouse, with modern BI architecture
- Excellent communication skills
- You do not need to be micromanaged; to accomplish team and company goals, you can wear multiple hats and pick up new technologies and languages.
- You need to be able to defend your technical choice in English. French is a huge plus.
What we offer
- A meaningful job with an impact on the way people consume fashion and promote sustainability
- The opportunity to do career defining work in a fast growing French-born scale up
- The possibility to work as part of a global diverse team with more than 50 nationalities
- 2 days to help Project - reinforcing your activist journey and volunteer for an association
- Significant investment in your learning and growth
- Competitive compensation and benefits package