Senior Software Engineer, Search & Recommendation
Vestiaire Collective is the leading global online marketplace for desirable pre-loved fashion. Our mission is to transform the fashion industry for a more sustainable future by empowering our community to promote the circular fashion movement. Vestiaire was founded in 2009 and is headquartered in Paris with offices in London, Berlin, New York, Singapore and Hong Kong and warehouses in Tourcoing (France), Crawley (UK), Hong Kong and New York.
We currently have a diverse global team of 800 employees representing over 50 nationalities. Our values are community, activism, transparency, dedication and greatness. We are proud to be a BCorp.
Vestiaire Collective is hiring Senior Software Engineer to join the Search Squad of our Discovery Collective
About the role
The Search Squad is working on delivering high quality search results from 5M+ items, for 15+ markets in 6+ languages.
You will work with other software engineers and applied scientists on Vestiaire Collective’s fashion search & recommendation engines. You will work on hard and fun problems of fashion search & recommendation where personalization matters.
You will be part of a multicultural, innovative, versatile, supportive environment that takes work-life balance seriously. To have a data driven company is one of our priorities.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Develop fashion search and recommendation features
- Create robust endpoints capable of handling high volumes (10s of million) of daily requests
- Manage event consumption and publication to ensure a smooth and seamless data flow
- Working with A/B tests on millions of users, you can see the impact of your work in real time on real users.
- You'll have a high degree of autonomy, you can impact technical aspects as well as product areas. Believe a feature can have a big effect on user retention? We can test together. Believe a specific technology can make us more efficient? We have an open mind.
- Writing clean, concise, sustainable code and unit tests
- Designing and building the future of the Vestiaire Collective platform
- Leverage Elasticsearch expertise to design efficient and effective query schemas
Who you are
- Solid experience in any strictly typed language (Go, Java, C/C++..)
- Experience with at least one of the following technologies in production: Elasticsearch, Solr, or Lucene.
- Design robust, scalable systems
- Writing maintainable, robust code
- Curious about Go language
- Care about the end user and impact
- Learning new technologies constantly
What we offer
- A meaningful job with an impact on the way people consume fashion and promote sustainability
- Flexible work possibilities
- The opportunity to do career-defining work in a fast-growing French-born scale up
- The possibility to work as part of a globally diverse team with more than 50 nationalities
- Two days to help Project - reinforcing your activist journey and volunteer for an association
- Significant investment in your learning and growth
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- As full member of our entrepreneurial project, you will be eligible to free shares
Vestiaire Collective is an equal opportunities employer