Quality Control Associate (Crawley)
Vestiaire Collective is the leading global online marketplace for desirable pre-loved fashion. Our mission is to transform the fashion industry for a more sustainable future by empowering our community to promote the circular fashion movement. Vestiaire was founded in 2009 and is headquartered in Paris with offices in London, Berlin, New York, Singapore and Hong Kong and warehouses in Tourcoing (France), Crawley (UK), Hong Kong and New York.
We currently have a diverse global team of 650 employees representing more than 50 nationalities. Our values are community, activism, transparency, dedication and greatness. We are proud to be a BCorp.
Vestiaire Collective is looking for a Quality controler (H/F/D)
About the role
Reporting to the QC Team Leader, the Quality Controller ensures the quality control of all received products into our workshop to guarantee the compliance of sales announcements and make reliable transactions, in accordance with our company standards.
What you’ll be doing
- Be in charge of a product rack and process accordingly to the FIFO & area rules.
- Scan product ID and read the data sheet.
- Ensure all necessary controls in accordance with VC specifications (product value, size, status, etc.) and validate the product data sheet compliancy.
- Ensure the product restoration if needed to facilitate the transaction (cleaning, stitching, etc.).
- Make all the necessary comments to the product data sheet to make the transaction reliable and avoid returns.
- Identify the blocking points that could hinder the transaction and make the most appropriate decision for Vestiaire Collective, the seller and the buyer.
- Act as a trusted third party between the buyer and the seller in case of anomaly.
- Seal the items after each check to certify their passage through our workshop.
- Follow the proper storage of controlled racks accordingly to the FIFO & area rules.
- Alert your line manager in case of doubt or malfunction.
- Manage the inventory of the areas he/she is responsible for.
- Be the linking pin between different VC services as required (SRM, logistics, Concierge, etc.)
Who you are
- Strong experience with fashion items (clothing, shoes and accessories) quality control, inspection, refurbishment, and/or repairs preferred
- Passionate about fashion industry, luxury brands and vintage items
- Curiosity, a methodical approach & extreme attention to detail
- A strong understanding of luxury fashion
- A passion for sharing knowledge/expertise & willingness to learn/improve processes where needed
- Ability to work closely with the customer service and answer’s client request
- Able to work in a fast-paced facility environment
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills with a positive attitude no matter what the task requires
- Excellent communication skills and able to effectively convey our brand image. A high standard of written and spoken English is essential.
- Customer centric and solution oriented
- Outstanding work ethic and ability to reach daily quota and goal
What we offer
- A meaningful job with an impact on the way people consume fashion and promote sustainability
- The opportunity to do career defining work in a fast growing French-born scale up
- The possibility to work as part of a global diverse team with more than 50 nationalities
- 2 days to help Project - reinforcing your activist journey and volunteer for an association
- Significant investment in your learning and growth
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
Vestiaire Collective is an equal opportunities employer
If you are ready to join our fast-paced company, apply below : upload your resume in English and answer our questions ! Our team will review your application within the following 4 weeks. If your profile and experience fit our requirements, we will invite you for a first phone call.