Vestiaire Collective is the leading global online marketplace for desirable pre-loved fashion. Our mission is to transform the fashion industry for a more sustainable future by empowering our community to promote the circular fashion movement. Vestiaire was founded in 2009 and is headquartered in Paris with offices in London, Berlin, New York, Singapore and Hong Kong and warehouses in Tourcoing (France), Crawley (UK), Hong Kong and New York.
We currently have a diverse global team of 1000 employees representing over 50 nationalities. Our values are community, activism, transparency, dedication and greatness. We are proud to be a BCorp.
Vestiaire Collective is looking for an Engineering Manager to join our Buyer Experience team in Paris
The mission of the Buyer Experience team is to develop innovative solutions aimed at delivering the most engaging experience to buyers on Vestiaire Collective’s platform. As an Engineering Manager leading the engagement squad within the Buyer Experience, your primary responsibility will be to execute the roadmap alongside your team. This entails collaborating with stakeholders including product, marketing, merchandising, and design teams to ensure the timely and high-quality rollout of features. Additionally, in this role, you will play a crucial part in enhancing the operational efficiency of content creators through the creation of automations and innovative solutions.
Reporting to the Head of Engineering, you will also be tasked with nurturing the growth of engineers within the squad. Your role encompasses overseeing the delivery of roadmap initiatives and actively contributing to the design and implementation of new features for our users.
What You’ll do
- Lead an agile team into delivering value for marketing and merchandising teams to improve user engagement with a focus on quality, operational efficiency and maintainability.
- Collaborate with other cross functional teams like design, content creators and CRM squads to design broader solutions.
- Manage the engineers in your team, by helping them set goals, measure performance and coach them to bring out the best.
- You’ll collaborate closely with a product owner by proactively evaluating technical feasibility, doing impact vs cost estimations, participating in functional projects definition and designing technical solutions to complex problems.
- You’ll work in an agile environment and ensure the squad is continuously improving their methodology while delivering value consistently.
Who you are
- 5+ years of full stack, backend or frontend engineering experience and 2+ years of hands-on technical management experience or leading an engineering team.
- Experience in system design and track record of building scalable features by solving intricate technical challenges
- Retained, mentored and hired senior engineers with a track record of building productive, high performance engineering teams.
- Experience with effectively creating alignments with multiple teams and operating well in ambiguity
- Actively coached and mentored team members in their careers
- Experience with eCommerce is a plus
Our Technology Stack includes
- Application Framework: Node.JS/Nest.JS, Next.JS/React.JS, PHP/Symfony, Spring
- Persistence: MySQL/MariaDB, MongoDB, Memcache, RabbitMQ
- Data & Analytics: Snowflake, Snowplow, Elasticsearch, Tableau
- Tools: AWS, Docker, Swagger/OpenAPI, gRPC, Jira, Terraform, Ansible, Gitlab
- More on the technologies we use here
What we offer
- A meaningful job with an impact on the way people consume fashion and promote sustainability
- Flexible work possibilities
- The opportunity to do career-defining work in a fast-growing French-born scale up
- The possibility to work as part of a globally diverse team with more than 50 nationalities
- Two days to help Project - reinforcing your activist journey and volunteer for an association
- Significant investment in your learning and growth
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- As full member of our entrepreneurial project, you will be eligible to free shares
Vestiaire Collective is an equal opportunities employer