Senior Manager, Customer Experience
Rent the Runway
About the Team:
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About the Team:
Customer Experience lives and breathes our mission of empowering our customers to feel amazing. We've been called fit gurus, personal stylists, shipping virtuosos, and even fashion therapists. From styling advice to troubleshooting orders to offering a confidence boost when needed, we're ready to help with anything. Customer Experience is truly the heart of our business and has a major impact on our continued success.
About the Job:
As the Sr. Manager, Customer Experience, you will oversee a group of Team Leads, managing an organization of more than 50 associates. Your primary focus will be to lead, develop and motivate the team to deliver exceptional customer experiences across phone, chat and email. In addition to running the daily operations for your team, you will partner with other members of the CX leadership team to build a best-in-class experience for both our customers and our employees. You’ll also serve as an ambassador of Rent the Runway, constantly championing our mission and introducing our brand.
This is a fully remote position and is eligible for hire in one of the following qualifying states: New Jersey, California, New York, Washington, D.C., Massachusetts, Colorado, Washington, Pennsylvania, Oregon, Texas, Illinois, Arizona, Virginia, Florida, Tennessee, Kansas.
What You'll Do:
- Lead a team of Team Leads supporting 50+ associates to develop a world class customer experience team
- Partner with recruiting to bring in new talent, including both Team Leads and associates
- Develop a deep understanding of our team performance metrics and demonstrate the ability to speak to the numbers and add context
- Establish a regular operating cadence with your team to communicate information, provide coaching, develop camaraderie, and share team performance
- Work with Team Leads to ensure regular employee feedback and consistent skill assessment as well as quality monitoring; work with Training & Quality Development team to translate this into learning plans
- Ensure we can deliver on SLAs across all channels and deliver on CSAT targets; communicate any barriers and potential solutions
- Regularly communicate team performance metrics and development areas
- Promote positive employee engagement and reinforce the RTR culture
- Support with overseeing nights and weekend shifts as needed
- You have 7+ years of management experience in a service-oriented environment or equivalent, including building out teams and supervising organizations of supervisors and 50+ associates
- You have proven experience with CRM applications and leveraging technology to optimize customer experience operations
- You have a passion for continuous improvement, data-driven decision making, ongoing learning, and testing new ideas
- You are comfortable adapting to rapidly shifting goals/priorities and navigating teams through change
- You’re an excellent communicator, across all levels and mediums
- You love motivating and inspiring a team to work towards a common goal
- You have experience managing teams virtually and keeping associates engaged
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- And most importantly - working with a great team!
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
The anticipated base salary for this position is $98,800 - $123,500. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held. This position is also eligible for equity compensation.