Rent the Runway
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About the Job:
The Operations Manager is responsible for guiding and developing teams by motivating, mentoring, and coaching their Process Assistants and Associates. They are responsible for engaging their team during a shift to optimize safety, production, cost, and quality while maintaining a positive employee experience. Managers are servant leaders who exhibit empathy and compassion for associates in all of their actions. They dive in, roll up their sleeves to help, make tools available and remove obstacles for associates to excel in their roles.
What You’ll Do:
- Actively run shifts with safety, quality, production and cost at the forefront of all decision making
- Enforce safety guidelines, cleanliness and security standards
- Implement weekly schedule and manage labor budget
- Establish and meet KPIs
- Maintain strong working knowledge of processes and policies
- Focus on team and department growth and development
- Recruit, screen and select talent at the Process Assistant levels
- Communicate feedback to improve the operation and employee experience
- Execute and present quarterly projects that meaningfully improve the business
- Parter cross-functionally and interdepartmentally to solve
- Lead teams through change and embrace continuous improvement
What You Need:
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of experience leading people and teams, ideally in Operations, Warehouse, Manufacturing, or Retail settings
- Desire to learn, grow and be developed to the next level
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback, including disciplinary action conversations
- Confidence to speak in front of large groups
- Flexibility to work flex shifts, hours, nights and weekends as business dictates
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- Ability to operate with a sense of urgency and attention to detail
- A positive, “can-do” attitude that seeks solutions
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills (eg. spreadsheet software, powerpoint/slides) as well as the ability to operate warehouse tools (eg. scanner, ladder, warehouse software)
- The ability to read reports and summarize conclusions drawn from data
- Ability to quickly recognize, diagnose and solve for challenges and workflow for associates
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.