Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack
Rent the Runway
Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack
About Rent the Runway
Founded in 2009, Rent the Runway is disrupting the trillion-dollar fashion industry and changing the way women get dressed through the Closet in the Cloud, the world’s first and largest shared designer closet. RTR’s mission has remained the same since its founding: powering women to feel their best every day. Through RTR, customers can subscribe, rent items a-la-carte and shop resale from hundreds of designer brands. The Closet in the Cloud offers a wide assortment of millions of items for every occasion, from evening wear and accessories to ready-to-wear, workwear, denim, casual, maternity, outerwear, blouses, knitwear, loungewear, jewellery, handbags, activewear, ski wear, home goods and kidswear. RTR has built a two-sided discovery engine, which connects deeply engaged customers and differentiated brand partners on a powerful platform built around its brand, data, logistics and technology. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list four times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100: Most Influential People in the World" and as one of People Magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
Rent The Runway established its European Technology Hub in Galway in April 2019. Based in the historic Claddagh area of the city, the growing team in Galway tackles core technology challenges and influences the next generation of services critical to Rent The Runway’s success and continued growth.
The Galway office is Rent the Runway's first international office outside the US and enables the company to significantly expand its Software Engineering, Product Development, Machine Learning Engineering and Data Science footprint. Rent The Runway’s Galway-based employees have the opportunity to grow their careers across several roles and career paths in Technology.
Our engineering team is smart, pragmatic, and entrepreneurial. We practice continuous integration & test-driven development, engage in constant peer code reviews & pair programming, and work hard to give back to the software community through open-source contributions.
Our Full Stack engineers use a service-oriented architecture to power our internal mobile app, website, warehouse operations technologies, and other applications. In this role, you will work on both new product features and technical enhancements as we believe in building for the future to enable performance and scaling.
We are always interested in speaking with developing and experienced Full Stack engineers interested in joining our team. If that’s you, read on for a snapshot of the type of work our Full Stack engineers do across our various teams, share your details and a member of our Talent team will be in touch!
What You’ll Do:
- Participate in all aspects of agile software development including design, implementation, testing and deployment of fulfilment microservices and warehouse management systems.
- Find architectural and internal design improvements to enable rapid growth in traffic and order volumes.
- Drive technical projects to success and provide mentorship in a fast-paced startup environment
- Deliver software on a sustainable schedule that keeps work-life balance in mind.
- Work with business stakeholders to identify software solutions to business challenges.
- Experience working as part of a cross-functional development team.
- Degree in computer science, software engineering and/or 3+ years of programming experience
- Learned from the experience of shipping multiple large, complex software projects
- Able to learn new tools and technologies quickly
- Experience working as part of a team software development effort
- Ability to manage your time and juggle competing priorities
- Exceptional communication skills
- Approach collaboration with curiosity and a learning mindset demonstrating a willingness to mentor and learn from teammates and foster an inclusive, empowering team dynamic
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including annual leave, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - unplug, recharge, and have some fun.
- Competitive Stakeholder Pension - taking care of your future.
- Comprehensive health, dental care and dependents care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - This a hybrid role based in our Galway, Ireland office. Employees have to option to work remotely 2-3 days per week.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee on any legally-recognised basis, including, but not limited to: gender, marital status, family status, age disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, and membership of the Traveller community.